• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 New Owner - Question about headlight bulbs

Hi,

Just bought my first ever Type R - its a 2006 EP3 Premier Edition in Cosmic Grey with only 65K miles.

I’ve put a set of 215/40/17 AD08R tyres on and took her up to ABP Motorsport last Friday for Eibach Pro springs, JDM rear ARB, camber bolts and arms, and full allignment.

I would like to upgrade the bulbs in the headlights but no idea what to go for - what are the best bulb upgrades for an EP3?

Thanks in advance,
Dave.

I've just checked my car is on the drive :D
I bought some Phillips white light jobbies and they are fine, also upgraded the sidelight bulbs with led. I've got same car, same year, exactly the same tyres, JDM rarb, but the camber kit is yet to be fitted (still in the garage) . How do you find it with the kit, springs and set up? Did you get the 20/15 drop or the 30/30? Pics please :)

LOL

I went for the 20/15 drop as I'm not keen on the really slammed look. There is a bit of rake with these springs which I like and the ride is great. FRSU is great also - very happy. I've not taken any pics yet but will get some up as soon as I can.

Would you mind letting me know which bulbs you bought and where from? Also any pics of your car with the lights on?

Thanks,
Dave.

Only pic I have is the sidelights. Bulbs from Eurocarparts, osram sides

Attachments

• sketch-1525550619410-1106x720.png
    sketch-1525550619410-1106x720.png
    968.9 KB · Views: 21
Be careful changing the dipped beam, I had a bit of a nightmare at the weekend. Dropped the bulb down the inside of the headlight :eek:

Get a good quality 6000k 55W HID kit (if your car has projector headlamps) you won't look back :)

Thanks. How can I find out if my car has projector headlights?

If they look like this:

hhchl-ep3-pb7(2).jpg

Here is mine when I initially fit my HIDs and white LED sidelights, they start off blue-ish when you initially turn them on and then slowly turn into a bright pure white light, perfectly matching the side lights.

WFjwO5Xl.jpg

Awesome - those are my lights and thats exactly what Im after - thanks.

If they look like this:

hhchl-ep3-pb7(2).jpg

Here is mine when I initially fit my HIDs and white LED sidelights, they start off blue-ish when you initially turn them on and then slowly turn into a bright pure white light, perfectly matching the side lights.

WFjwO5Xl.jpg

Every chance your car can fail it's MOT having HID's fitted without self leveling headlamps and headlight washers. New restrictions came in this May clamping down on them.

Every chance your car can fail it's MOT having HID's fitted without self leveling headlamps and headlight washers. New restrictions came in this May clamping down on them.

That is true, but that said it is not being enforced as much as they'd make you believe. My car passed MOT no probs last week, at a well known garage near my town.

Back