• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 My Honda app/dongle issues

Anybody have any issues with the my Honda app giving false notifications? I was on holiday 2000 miles away and I got a notification to my phone saying my car has been towed without engine running. I thought great my cars been nicked but got home a few days later and it hasn’t moved. In 8 months it had to happen when I’m away. Just recently it’s happened a couple more times. I’m starting to think as I don’t use the car much that it could have been triggered by a low battery.

No issues here. You can turn off the towing notification in the settings.

The whole thing is kinda pointless though. Just thinking of removing mine altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found quite a few times that it fails to notice your car is 'parked'. The last info on the app still thinks you're on a journey with the wavy green arrow.

The time this happens most is if you just move the car a few yards like pulling it into or out of a garage. That's when the transporter message is likely to appear sometime later. When it does happen though the car location is still accurate so why it thinks it's moving beats me.

Back