• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spacers

Does anyone run spacers on just the front or rear of their car? Been thinking of getting some 3mm or 5mm spacers just for the rears to bring them out a little.

From what I recall 5mm spacers are too much for the studs, not giving enough thread for the bolts to secure on to. And ideally you'd want the front track increased by the same amount for handling characteristics.

I had 3mm spacers on the front to allow clearance when I fitted my Spoon monoblocks with OEM alloys, but then didn't need them once I bought the Advan's as the spoke design and offset gave much more room.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 215 tyres on Rotas that are 1/2 inch wider than oem, this already gives me 6.4mm on the outside of the wheel plus the same amount on the inside. I'm thinking if I get 3mm spacers I'll get to be roughly 10mm further out over oem but reduce the inside to 3mm further in than oem.

Then I'd suggest 3mm all round then if it's principally the rear that concerns you, as the extra poke should look good on the front too, and if it's too much then a little bit of extra camber should negate it. So extra track and more camber will improve your driving experience anyway.

From what I recall 5mm spacers are too much for the studs, not giving enough thread for the bolts to secure on to. And ideally you'd want the front track increased by the same amount for handling characteristics.

I had 3mm spacers on the front to allow clearance when I fitted my Spoon monoblocks with OEM alloys, but then didn't need them once I bought the Advan's as the spoke design and offset gave much more room.

We're the 3mm non hubcentric? Thinking of getting the 3mm, did the hub centre still protrude for the wheel centre to sit on?

You won’t find 3mm in hub centric as they’re too thin.
The centre of the hub barely pokes out from the 3mm shim. However I ran 3mm shims in the past and didn’t have any issues.

Back