• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Induction Kit filter question

Hi

Last week I got hold of an EP3, however today I discovered it has a crack in the airbox so I'm going to upgrade to a induction kit. Im very new to all this and was wondering do you need to replace the filter around the cone on a kit? and if so at what intervals?

Thanks very much :)

Depends on which kit you get. Some are K&N cones which are lifetime, but they do need cleaning and re-oiling at normal service intervals. Others, particularly dry foam ones just need replacing, but it depends on what kit you go for.

I was thinking of just getting a basic Ramair one with a heat shield off ebay for £80, seems a decent price. Plus the fact a 2nd hand airbox will set me back around £50 anyway. Im guessing it would be a dry foam one as its lower end.

I have a bit of a hybrid induction kit, I got the K&N typhoon, tegiwa heat shield, I removed the K&N filter, replaced with the ramair filter from the SR120 kit and then used the cold air intake from the SR120 kit. I find the ramair filter a bit quieter than the K&N

Back