• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Non GT FK8

Chatting with a mate today, who asked the question “Are there any non-GT FK8’s out there”?
I don’t know, but the two dealerships I visited and asked the same question stated that they hadn’t sold or ordered any.
The forum has the floor!

Trev

many people have asked about getting one over a GT...and we have slapped them down

As I have said before, its all marketing 'Type R from £30K....'

Bit like the ST1 etc....

Just for a bit of fun I configued a non-type-r civic, the prestige model with 182PS manual, added some trims, alloys etc.. and even that came to £30k list on the road price!
Without the extras the base prestige model is £27k

Just for a bit of fun I configued a non-type-r civic, the prestige model with 182PS manual, added some trims, alloys etc.. and even that came to £30k list on the road price!
Without the extras the base prestige model is £27k

If you configure a prestige to £30K you can get just under £5k discount via brokers like DTD, so more like 25k in reality. Discounts on a Type R GT are more like £2750 from the same broker.

If i got one, i'd possibly get a non-GT.

The extra stuff is more or less useless to me. In car by myself, apple phone, don't park anywhere difficult, satnav is garbage anyway, barely ever on motorways.

It's about £35 a month difference. Not sure i'd bother.

If i got one, i'd possibly get a non-GT.

The extra stuff is more or less useless to me. In car by myself, apple phone, don't park anywhere difficult, satnav is garbage anyway, barely ever on motorways.

It's about £35 a month difference. Not sure i'd bother.
If the extras mean nothing to you,then if you are doing pcp I say go for the non GT,as you say.
On the other hand if you are going to own it you could find the non GT difficult to sell on some years down the line.

I don't think many wanted the non GT FN2 in the used market,it didn't even have air con.

If the extras mean nothing to you,then if you are doing pcp I say go for the non GT,as you say.
On the other hand if you are going to own it you could find the non GT difficult to sell on some years down the line.

I don't think many wanted the non GT FN2 in the used market,it didn't even have air con.

Even on PCP you still need a car that’s got good resale value so you stay in positive equity either mid or end of the term.

I'm not into adding stuff on but I didn't give a second thought about opting for the GT, I think the sat navy is fine.

Even on PCP you still need a car that’s got good resale value so you stay in positive equity either mid or end of the term.

But if you get to the end of the PCP term at least you're not stuck with a car that is difficult to sell. Just walk away and start again and it's Honda's problem. Getting out early hurts in depreciation or negative equity whichever method you buy most new cars.

For buying a car outright PCP is not the best way to go IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chatting with a mate today, who asked the question “Are there any non-GT FK8’s out there”?
I don’t know, but the two dealerships I visited and asked the same question stated that they hadn’t sold or ordered any.
The forum has the floor!

Trev

Yeah I have a cw fk8 none GT Type-R 2018 plate, the GT extras didn't really appeal to me so made the most sense. I use it as a daily driver and I'm loving it

Why spend so much money on a car and NOT get the extras?! Go hard or go home.

I don't understand how the GT extras don't appeal to some people. I suppose some people are more simple minded aye :p

Why spend so much money on a car and NOT get the extras?! Go hard or go home.

I don't understand how the GT extras don't appeal to some people. I suppose some people are more simple minded aye :p

harsh! The non GT was the ring record holder don't forget...buy yeah, I think on the whole the extras are well worth it

Mick, you could always get some red vinyl tape for the trim, personally think it looks great

I think the yellow one will be a non GT basis as well

Ive done the red vinyl around the trim, as you say it looks good Sat nav never appealed to me as I use Android auto.
Blind spot detection etc... Yeah but no thanks.
Besides the non GT still has plenty of toys though, not like it's Spartan in there

Back