• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #6

Back from TDI-North/TPW Engineering.

Clean bill of health, minor map tweak with added bonus of Ecutek traction control added.
Nice one mate, enjoy. Great cars. So attached to mine and can't see getting anything else for a while! Does the ecutec make much of a difference with just an exhaust and k&n filter?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nice one mate, enjoy. Great cars. So attached to mine and can't see getting anything else for a while! Does the ecutec make much of a difference with just an exhaust and k&n filter?

A remap as a whole does yes. The throttle response is better and VTEC crosses over at an appropriate point to the mods, usually lower, which means the car is more driveable and eager.

Ended up having to take the Civic for a recent weekend away in the lakes with the wife and kids as the Micra simply wasn't big enough.

The visit to TDi-North/TPW Engineering has solved the issues around the hesitation at part throttle on VTEC. A mix of sorting out the fuelling and tweaks of the manifold pressure required for VTEC.

The car found a friend while up there.

2aa37380f6bd584b28cce48f7ab13eed.jpg

Dusty dash picture, but not a bad figure for a car full of people and holiday bits and bobs on an 80/20% mix of motorway and A roads.

69c10ac7be4b405ec011c95c3ee2d55b.jpg

Glad it’s sorted but you need to get a duster on that dash lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad mpg figure at all. I always managed to get decent mileage out of my FN2, as long as I was driving with some thought to it, and not getting too rev happy.

Ended up having to take the Civic for a recent weekend away in the lakes with the wife and kids as the Micra simply wasn't big enough.

The visit to TDi-North/TPW Engineering has solved the issues around the hesitation at part throttle on VTEC. A mix of sorting out the fuelling and tweaks of the manifold pressure required for VTEC.

The car found a friend while up there.

2aa37380f6bd584b28cce48f7ab13eed.jpg

Dusty dash picture, but not a bad figure for a car full of people and holiday bits and bobs on an 80/20% mix of motorway and A roads.

69c10ac7be4b405ec011c95c3ee2d55b.jpg
Not bad at all. These cars are just great!

How come you're selling??

Thought you had it all sorted now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How come you're selling??

Thought you had it all sorted now?

It is sorted and I'm probably being daft.

I could do with something with five doors. Going to the lakes in it recently was OK, but three doors made parts of it a faff.

Then I've also got it in my head about leasing for the next few years. It's fixed cost motoring. Apart from maybe the odd bump or scrape or flat tyre, there will be no surprises. Road tax included, and I'd just have to service it once in a 24 month lease. Plus I'd be rolling about in a new car. The Mrs' K14 Micra Tekna reminds me how much cars have come on in the 9 or so years when I get in hers after driving mine.

Plus by then my wage will have improved, all loans will have been paid off and I can either PCP something or go used for something quick again. That being said a Leon Cupra 290 is on the lease list.

Plus by then my wage will have improved, all loans will have been paid off and I can either PCP something or go used for something quick again. That being said a Leon Cupra 290 is on the lease list.

I'd expect with the schemes available to service staff, it would be an absolute steal too.

You'd be surprised. The main deals I've seen have been on Mini and BMW, the latter being costly to lease to start with.

Still, I'll be checking every avenue should it sell. Saying that as no interest received on Faceache so far except for, "Swapz mate."

Will be putting it on Pistonheads after JAE.

My usual avenues of sales are confusing Championship Whites with regular 2009 FN2s and prices offered reflect that lack of knowledge...

Spent the day cleaning it, came out rather shiny as usual.

02e8be61db5219854450408b5fdc0204.jpg

038af34efbc5ede134434ea2c2d1c87c.jpg

216cbb7d824a552a75d4672237975b10.jpg

Following a viewing, deal was done and away she went. Fellow enthusiast, and not his first CTR.

08f77db6eb7dc76f64d51cf7c45b25de.jpg

Mixed feelings.

Spent the day cleaning it, came out rather shiny as usual.

Following a viewing, deal was done and away she went. Fellow enthusiast, and not his first CTR.

Mixed feelings.
What you gonna get ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

How much did you end up selling it for if you don't mind me asking? I might be looking to get a championship white one soon too.

Back