Home
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Loxy's Type R #6

Thanked 3,169 Times in 1,916 Posts

^ My front end never left, it's a 1 piece fibreglass flip front .... and look at that lovely wrapped manifold

Glad to hear it's sorted John. NSX oh and that cosmic ep3 is kitted the fcuk out isn't it! Wonder whose that is.
    UKDM y0!

Thanked 7,992 Times in 5,574 Posts

Issues still outstanding:
    • I've still got the inner NS plastic panel to replace but I've been working loads of overtime lately so it's not got done.
    • It could probably do with a new front bumper as the one on it now has a decent scrape on the OS corner that has just been touched up.
    • It has two small dents on the roof that I have no idea how or when they appeared.
    • The bonnet could probably do with replacing or respraying as it has some filled chips that have gone funny with being machine polished over time.
    • It has a funny feeling of hesitancy at part throttle on VTEC that isn't there if you drop off cam or go full throttle, so it either needs a map tweak or a fuelling issue. That's been there since I've had it, so I'll have to book in at TDi at some point for diagnosis. Has to be TDi as it's mapped on Ecutek and they're the only people who really do it up here.

So that's before I think of any more mods.

I've already spent probably close to £3k on essential and preventative maintenance on it so far in less than a year. It's on 82k so will need the chain doing in a couple of years. I bought it for £7.5k plus the audio system last year and the market on them has tanked recently. I've been seeing similar mileage Championship White FN2s selling for £5-£5.5k. So that puts me £5k down before I've fixed any of the above issues. Fcking cars. I went for a Champ White as it looked like they were holding money.

I've paid my credit card off from the work it needed when I got it, so technically it owes me nothing now. I've been getting loads of OT so other loans are getting paid off so I think my plan is to keep it for a couple of years and just run it getting the hesitancy issue sorted soon, then get something new or nearly new when the loans are gone. I'm undecided whether I keep it or get rid then. At the minute I'm leaning towards get rid, I'm losing the enthusiasm for tweaking on a 10 year old car with 82k on it, that I'm now on my third iteration of the same model. I guess it depends on whether it gives me any more grief in the mean time. It's still an absolute giggle of a car. It's not at the level of my silver one, but it feels reminiscent of it.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loxy For This Useful Post:

cheesepiece (31-05-2019), Hazz (31-05-2019), musegroove (01-06-2019), Staffs Deltic (05-06-2019)

Thanked 1,491 Times in 1,103 Posts

Sorry to read that John, sodding cars and the money pits they can become.
    Seat Leon FR 184

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zeffania For This Useful Post:

Loxy (31-05-2019)

Regarding the AC condenser, is there options for added protection / mesh?
    I know DC5 owners used to fit a £20 mesh from Halfords which worked well and looked almost OEM, though newer Hondas don’t look as vulnerable.

You may not know, but out of interest are the fn2 & fd2 condensers different? Mine appears fine but I’m curious.

On the subject of values, I wouldn’t think about it too much. You’d loose way more in depreciation on most new cars
    Mark

EP3 > DC5 > E46 M3 > FN2

Thanked 7,992 Times in 5,574 Posts

I'd have to mesh the lower section of the grille. Not impossible, but the old one had lasted nearly 10 years and 80k. It's not had a bad innings.

I'm pretty sure the FD2 and FN2 condenser is different, though I've not seen them side by side.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Loxy For This Useful Post:

sunday_driver (07-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Loxy View Post
    Three hours up on the train, two hours back but she's home.

Needs a new clutch but it is already booked into Grinspeed next week, plus 15mm Eibachs are being fitted, FRSU, 75k major service, braided lines and fluid.

Passenger mirror doesn't fold but I think that's the Shut Off Device (S.O.D.) which is an easy fix.

Already got a HKS RSK, Milltek non-res and remapped with Ecutek.

Have you got a build thread on this fix mate?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
    I do like a bit of Radio X. Except Johnny Vaughan.
    He is Well annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Urban0802 View Post

The mirror I mean ..and no you haven't anyway I dont think I've been through your whole page..lovely fn2 btw

Quote Originally Posted by Urban0802 View Post

Very easy fix.
    https://youtu.be/13HlsU9lT90

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonito For This Useful Post:

Loxy (12-06-2019), Urban0802 (11-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonito View Post
    Excellent video mate was that yourself?