• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #6

I was expecting an FK8 but very nice nonetheless :D

Regards,Mark.
Money and capability are the issues. I said the same about my WRX STi but they're far too easy to do silly speeds on public roads. You can spank an FN2, still have fun and not be going to prison in the morning.

That being said, it's mostly money.

Let's just hope the ghost of your original silver FN2 doesn't hang over this like your last CW

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lets just hope the ghost of your original silver FN2 doesn't hang over this like your last CW

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
It was more the test drive of the FK2 and the, "I've got to have one," mentality. That won't be happening again...

They did the original map on it, so if I make any changes it will have to go to them for a tweak.

Do you know what maps are on it, I know they offer a few, flat foot shifting and down shift blips would probably be the favourite

Forgot to say watch Nash hasnt left any boiled eggs in the glove box!!

1804w-Eggs.jpg

:lol: No eggs, checked today!

Do you know what maps are on it, I know they offer a few, flat foot shifting and down shift blips would probably be the favourite

Normal map, map with traction/flat foot/blips, map with traction/flat foot/blips/pops and bangs and map which cuts the engine (immobilised mode).

First bit of time to get some stuff done.

Swapped out the original shifter with the bolt on short shifter to the quick shifter I had. So, so much better. Skunk2 knob fitted too.

21f69fe9c0b6315ea413fc8c4c2f1799.jpg

554b7d168c6b507b5ef19a8b6974c76c.jpg

If you are tempted for one of these bolt on kits, just don't, please. Listen to Loxy.

c1c1d4ad5b45da9f7199474f798bd2d0.jpg

Swapping over to a proper quick shifter has removed 90% of the shifting issues on this car. Before the shifting was stiff, you couldn't really tell it if was in 1st or 3rd and the whole box just felt numb. Now it is back to being precise and rifle bolt and still just as short if not shorter.

I've also fitted the grommet for the USB cable into the arm rest cubby so that's nice and neatened off.

dc369ad1c1616742e1f8ed223f2c3402.jpg

3f6ffd57b95cd7db31d0c59f7baaaa47.jpg

And fitted my Brodit, so everything and every eventuality is catered for...

7b822a5f3cdf57ef3ddff59bb0d7759c.jpg

Absolute rubbish those bolt on ones, makes the box feel like it's full of treacle when trying to shift.

Never regretted my Mugen quick shifter and only ever getting replaced with a Hybrid Racing one eventually.

You can spank an FN2, still have fun and not be going to prison in the morning.

To be honest this is very true, having traded the CRZ for the FK2 then the FK8 even though they are great cars truth be known on the back lanes the CRZ was more fun as you could work it and drive it though the gears while being at safe enough speeds not to kill anyone or lose your licence. The FK2 and FK8 are in a totally different league and in the end you just can't really have that much fun with them as they simply pick up too much speed too easily for a public road.

With this in my mind when I was looking at your latest FN2 I was thinking apart from the poor ride and head unit of a oem FN2 in fairness they are a great package for daily driver as they are quick (obviously no longer in today's hot hatch territory) while being enjoyable and spacious at a reasonable price.

Please post a video of the pop and bang map!! I'm a big kid so that map is perfect for me

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Very nice. Not many FN's left over here. I only know of a handful of FD's as well.

I loved the Buddyclub short shifter in my DC5. The standard one just felt so wrong when I swapped it back.

Will do when I get chance.

Interested to hear this too, as I was under the impression for the NA civics unless they have a decat they won't really be making any bangs...Or if they are, it will be destroying the cat in the progress.

Hope i'm wrong though as I'd love one too lol

Congrats on the new car, it looks a beaut!

Is the short shifter a brand / type?
Thanks.

It's the reworked OEM unit from Tegiwa that arrived in a Mugen box.

I got it for a Billy bargain but to be honest I would recommend it at full price.

It isn't as stiff as the Mugen shifter, but the throw is shorter and feels just as precise.

Back