• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #6

Just out of interest Loxy, how much for the new clutch to fit? Mine could be on the way out. GP kit really changes the look of the car by the way. Bit biased as mine has one but it definitely “sleeks” up the lines imo.
Cheers Loxy

Just out of interest Loxy, how much for the new clutch to fit? Mine could be on the way out.
Stevie is charging just under £400 supplied and fitted. I'll be taking loads of pics today and posting tonight hopefully.

Legend!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
[video=youtube_share;6L-DPgraM5U]https://youtu.be/6L-DPgraM5U[/video]

Not sure how well that will come through when processed in YouTube. I switch maps at about 15 seconds. The static limiter is stopping most of it, but it's a giggle on overrun and on downshifts.

First snag. Honda have forgotten to send the new front dampers, so I'll not be getting the car back today. Great. :roll:

[video=youtube_share;6L-DPgraM5U]https://youtu.be/6L-DPgraM5U[/video]

Not sure how well that will come through when processed in YouTube. I switch maps at about 15 seconds. The static limiter is stopping most of it, but it's a giggle on overrun and on downshifts.
Nice!! Thank you matey. Now to keep throwing money into my savings.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10am update.

Got here nice and early for a 7am start considering the amount of work on.

Car up and a further look round.

93b71606339b1fcd5895ba4bcbe60bbc.jpg

Box dropped and clutch out and oh...

c817c98c059b2926e0592aee9621d6fa.jpg

That is defo fecked.

The clutch was being changed anyway, but it has lead to it knackering the flywheel, see below.

474a3440efb056cd38e93c208f0f9cf8.jpg

Heat spots circled, and you could feel a very definite raised spot there so it had to go.

New M-factory flywheel in.

cb2b9a4f0d691136d062fd0b656481f2.jpg

I hadn't planned on doing that but it will feel better anyway I know that and it won't rip through my new clutch.

Oh and the droplinks are shot, so they're being done too.

Hate to think what caused that!
It's the original clutch. What was left on it was incredibly thin. Just way past needing to be done.

Car has a full Honda dealer service history, so say no more.

Were you getting awkward shifts at higher rpm? My Ep3 was struggling with that, got the clutch changed at 92k and the guy said the clutch was going but had held up well.

The clutch was awful bud, I knew right away it needed doing. Anything other than tickling it down the road was hard work never mind high revs.

Not much else to report. The springs didn't go on today as the dampers hadn't arrived, there wasn't much point stripping it all off.

Clearances and New plugs done.

3dffee64f7462eed67f8d073a94bbf18.jpg

New fuel filter and assembly.

6a4b140ce158e5a4d5f7ab1378421f9f.jpg

Lines on and bled along with clutch fluid change and bleed.

d9c888350bf07df34e62e30413abc691.jpg

I'll only be able to get it back after work tomorrow. Stevie has bent over backwards for me today and is again tomorrow so I can get the car back. Top service!

It will be a bit like Trigger's broom, but can't wait to get it back and see what it looks like on new dampers, springs and a proper setup. :twisted:

Oh, and it's all cost about the price of an early EP3, but it'll be worth it.

With all that's going on in the world currently, there's something very calming about seeing you spending out on your Type R! Like the early 2010s again, before everyone went mad.

Ouch, saw Stevie's facebook post and wondered if it was yours!

Hard to swallow the cost of an unplanned flywheel but worth the upgrade at least, previous owner got his money's worth out of that clutch.

Just seen the pic of the old clutch disc. its hard to believe that's how it came out. looks more like its dropped out when the pressure plate was unbolted and smashed off the bottom part also causing what looks like the flat bit on the bottom of the face behind the friction surface. If the clutch was in like that it would likely just rip its self to bits I would have thought.

I was there when it came out, hence the pics. It fell apart, missing bit was on the bell housing. Thinnest they've seen for a while were the comments.

It's usually springs I break, so seeing one like this was quite unique for me.

Well, got it back! It is a cliche but it is like a new car. Completely transformed and every bit the car I remembered a fettled FN2 to be.

Just need to get the new tyres put on in Saturday and I'll be there I think.

Few fine bits to fettle on Sunday if I get time too.

Anyway, put this on to celebrate.

adbe0e2aa8867659bbb98cfc5653104c.jpg

bd5edf58734f5ad596967154514e915b.jpg

These were on the Grinspeed Facebook page too.

Proper state they were in. Equal to the clutch I reckon!
da21079c19f68252fb5ecf87e4399086.jpg

db36c0a82485c2403f25c9b75ede9d4c.jpg

Finally sitting right. :cool:

6bc8706217267ab25fb3cb8d2888fffc.jpg

Back