• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #6

I was there when it came out, hence the pics. It fell apart, missing bit was on the bell housing. Thinnest they've seen for a while were the comments.

It's usually springs I break, so seeing one like this was quite unique for me.

Its an odd one for sure. They are unbelievably good quality genuine Honda clutches. I just changed one in my girlfriends EP at the weekend, the car has no history of a clutch change and its just turned over 140k miles, we've done around 50k in it. A genuine clutch came out of it but it was still in one piece lol, very little friction material left on it though.
I used to have an s2k which very high miles like 180k ish I think. My mate had owned it for around 9 years covering about 90k miles which most of that was supercharged running over 400 bhp, the final years it was running 440bhp. The clutch never slipped. I had it a few days and it started slipping, I genuinely expected a paddle clutch to come out of it but it had a genuine Honda one in it, very worn mind. My mate never knew what clutch was in it as he never changed it. It held all that power all those years and could have done a lot more than the 90k+ miles which we knew about. So they are mega good quality and I would only ever fit those now.

My old ep3 clutch did not last long. Less than 50k and it was pretty much standard on power and I don't have issues with changing gear. Might be just an unlucky unit like mine was

FN2's have an issue with chewing clutches apparently between 30 & 50k which the EP3 never had.

£356.20 spent today on four new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 XL FP tyres. I did contemplate Michelin PS4, but the Goodyears suit the stiff damping on the FN2 better IMHO.

The front tyres on it were Nexen had loads of tread on but were badly cracked, which was odd as they were MY 2015. The rears were those Vredestein Ultrac jobbies and had about 2.5mm left on.

All in including the recent service and bits I've bought I'm about £11k into this car so far. :roll:

Looks great Loxy and welcome back to the happy times of your (silver) FN2 :cool:

However...
All in including the recent service and bits I've bought I'm about £11k into this car so far. :roll:

Eek :smt119

Fun spending though, you'll have a cracking car thats properly useable and enjoyable. :D

Few more jobs done today but still more to do.

First off I swapped over the rear NS indicator cluster as the one that was on the car was badly fogged up.

Old one off.
84b169e8e5ae1393684079f0447dfc0f.jpg

New one on.
a24e1489f0988c0d881cda518c8f8195.jpg

Cover pops off and it's two screw/bolts holding it on. Then it just pulls out.

Next job was putting the DAB antenna in. This was a beast of a job. Second time in as many weeks I've ripped the centre console out. I couldn't see the back of the radio so I did it all by feel.

Didn't take too long. Ran it under the cover in the passenger footwell and up through the end of the dash board popping out where the rubber window seal trim is. Nicely hidden around the dash and pops out near the front of the screen. No pics of final placement as I was cracking on, but pic during:
f0ec62eab5ff583ac33e62cc7edba0ae.jpg

Now with DAB, into the 21st century!
488a7349a9217e2db4a58e939697460d.jpg

Also drilled out the Footwell lights that are sneakily fitted by Honda from the factory but covered with a blue cap preventing the red light getting out.

Unit unplugged from tray:
0213cb40c2ece620f1025d83210af88f.jpg

LED underneath clip:
a6eb3122abe0fb4f32d07f2e39be1e8d.jpg

Clip off the unit:
2840163910293bfbf4fa823d7d6bd1b2.jpg

Back together and drilled out:
8118ac91f7535926325bb32ff037a0f8.jpg

Back on the underside of the Footwell tray:
bcb094568b8e59aa8a0bec9ec699c807.jpg

Really cheeky of Honda to do that for the sake of a different cover...

To finish off, bit of bling.
3c6eaadc4a6a6d23b7fb04cba742f47d.jpg

Yes I know it's not straight, I'm the second owner of it so I'll sort it out at some point in the near future but time was limited with the rain I've had.

It does, the blue bit is what holds the entire unit in place.

Nice work John, looks great and I bet it feels nice to want to own a car again after the focus

This thread and the FN I saw in Bristol a couple of days back, are really making want an FN. :cool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, i've seen a few GP (GT Sic?) kitted ones lately, with the Mugen wing, all sat real nicely, and they just look good. I saw one with some seriously good looking front fenders, not a clue what they were, vented, wide, boxy things that looked stunning. He was sat on some proper tasty WORKS wheels, with serious dish. It just looked so good.
I'm done with old Jap cars for now, until I can afford an NSX, and I want something that will deal with the weekly shop, but is also some fun, and will look good without spending an eye watering amount. The FN is starting to tick all the boxes. :cool:

Seriously, i've seen a few GP (GT Sic?) kitted ones lately, with the Mugen wing, all sat real nicely, and they just look good. I saw one with some seriously good looking front fenders, not a clue what they were, vented, wide, boxy things that looked stunning. He was sat on some proper tasty WORKS wheels, with serious dish. It just looked so good.
I'm done with old Jap cars for now, until I can afford an NSX, and I want something that will deal with the weekly shop, but is also some fun, and will look good without spending an eye watering amount. The FN is starting to tick all the boxes. :cool:
The GP kits really sets the FN off when coupled with the Mugen style wing. Honda have a serious knack of making their "R" cars pretty timeless. The whole range will still look awesome in 20 years time.

I must say that Loxy has struck gold with a Champ White FN too

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Personally i'd go for a Milano. I do like the CW, but my first EP was Milano and I loved it, despite saying i'd never own a red car :lol: If they did the FN in Cosmic Grey, i'd be all over that in a heartbeat as I loved my Cosmic EP. When the sun hit it right, you could really see the blue metal flake in the paint.

Poking around the car tonight, like you do and noticed where the interior NS rear trim panel meets the floor trim had a bit of a gap, followed this back and oh... Massive crack in the rear interior NS trim panel.

Pretty much follows the line I've thumbed here:
9d25948d0f6e94fedde32fcb0b9b94c9.jpg

No idea how and when, but I'm guessing it was either a stray foot or someone leaning against the rear NS armrest with their full body weight at some point. It's not just a little crack either, it's a put your finger in type crack and defo my 1yo's sized finger whose car seat happens to be next to it, so it needs sorting really.

Quick Google and check on lings and you can only buy the one big piece, without the coloured trim and covers and it is £299.27. :picardfp:

Part number in hand, I check google again, part number was superceded with this new part number, google of the original part number takes me to eBay.de.

Full panel with all the inserts, for just over £110 delivered to the UK.

fee05396a46303087426b8915e06e46e.jpg

So I'll be taking the back seats and half the boot trim out at some point to swap it over. :picardfp:

The covers I'll make a bit back flogging but not all that much really. Pics of the job will be taken when I do it.

Ruining me this car...

Back