• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wax for CW FK8?

Afternoon fellow forumites,

When I bought my new, Championship White, FK8 last month, I had it ceramic coated. Good start I hear you say.
Now, apart from a wash with Autoglym shampoo and conditioner, (other shampoos are available), I don’t do anything else. I know that white is a pigs ear to put a decent shine on, so is there anything else I can use, over the coating, to put a glorious shine on the paintwork? I don’t want to use a polish, as I’ve been advised not to because the ceramic coating may swirl?
Any advice is, as always, gratefully appreciated,

Trev

I'm sure a spray on wax/hydrophobic coating will give you the shine you are looking for with minimal effort. I use autofinesse aqua coat. All you do is wash the car, spray it all over liberally, rinse it off and dry it with a towel. The shine is great and lasts for weeks. Heard good reviews about meguirs synthetic express spray wax which is similar, I'll be trying that next out of curiosity but more than happy with autofinesse products

I'm sure a spray on wax/hydrophobic coating will give you the shine you are looking for with minimal effort. I use autofinesse aqua coat. All you do is wash the car, spray it all over liberally, rinse it off and dry it with a towel. The shine is great and lasts for weeks. Heard good reviews about meguirs synthetic express spray wax which is similar, I'll be trying that next out of curiosity but more than happy with autofinesse products

Cheers Daz, I’ll give the Auto Finesse a go first.

Trev

Back