• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 leaking oil

Hi all, after finishing work today I parked my car up outside home then an hour later I went back out and noticed an oil leak on the road. Had a quick look underneath and found oil pan all covered in oil but it seems to be dripping from passenger side area. Popped the bonnet open and took off engine cover to have a good look and saw the bottom of engine block just below rocker cover is wet, on the passenger side top of gearbox where two bolts go is wet, couldn't get better view of rear but especially on the corner where one of the hoses is is wet. I haven't driven the car much but I noticed that when it's cold and I come to a stop, the revs are hunting. I assume it's the rocker cover gasket but thought I'd ask if anyone has experienced similar issue and know what it is?

Do you check your engine bay regularly, is this something that has just happened? From your explanation it sounds like a lot of oil. Are all the breather pipes intact and in place? You say the revs are hunting, makes me think a hose is split or come off. The gasket is easy enough to replace if that's the problem

Yes I've been checking the oil regularly for past few days as I topped it up due to it being low. The dipstick shows I've probably put like half a cm over the max point. Not sure if this counts but was first time I experienced something like this on my car. It was wet and I tend to avoid driving fast on wet but due to running late, I had to hurry, so on first gear as soon it got to VTEC, immediately redline and front wheels spinning, shifted to second, still spinning and redline, third gear and driving normal. Got me worried as never experienced something like this but I'm guessing it's due to crap tyres.

Back