• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

engine crash

Hello, unfortunately my first thread at forum in fault part

What is top rpm can be at stock a20z4 ?

week ago my engine exploded, 2 days early I made ecu reflash with top rpm limit 8600 rev. The workshop owner said it will be ok and now telling it can't be reason of engine crash (

English are not my native , sorry if i made mistakes

Hello, unfortunately my first thread at forum in fault part

What is top rpm can be at stock a20z4 ?

week ago my engine exploded, 2 days early I made ecu reflash with top rpm limit 8600 rev. The workshop owner said it will be ok and now telling it can't be reason of engine crash (

English are not my native , sorry if i made mistakes

Do you mean K20z4?

Stock rev limit is 8200. I don't see why you'd raise the rev limit unless you're making power in that rev range.

Only flashing a rev limit increase wouldn't cause a failure. Constantly having the engine at that RPM on a generic base map that isn't customed specific to your engine may.

8600 should be fine if tuned correctly and with decent oil.

What mileage was on it? It could have been timing chain related. Has the engine been inspected at all?

8600 should be fine if tuned correctly and with decent oil.

What mileage was on it? It could have been timing chain related. Has the engine been inspected at all?

mileage about 105 000 km, on a week before incident I made valve clearance setting and inspection block head - all was perfect

How did the engine fail? Spun a bearing? Threw a rod? Piston to valve contact? etc.

My Fn2 was remapped with a peak rpm of 8,600. It was fine, and it was on 82,000 miles when I sold it (130,000km)

today I finally had looked inside, and it is horrible, spark is cracked, piston is totally damaged and disappear, piston pin lay down

I foggot one detail, in two days after ecu manage , several time were "check engine" with vtec errors

I visited ecu flashing workshop at Thursday, at Sunday was national time attack final, so I had no choice, and I do not had any thought about how worse it will be in the end

Back