• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Recommended dealers in the SE (Berkshire)

I know there are a few locals on here and they've had questionable experiences with one or two in the area so I was wondering what ones do people recommend instead?

Just had my 1st service at bracknell and although they were polite enough to me I have some concerns.

Just reviewed my dashcam footage and by the way certain individuals were talking it was as if they'd never seen a FK8 before which is concerning. Not to mentoin a couple of heavy acceleration wheelspins whilst they were 'test driving' it.

I presume the test drive is because I asked about a rattle coming from the centre dash now and again (the speaker cover in the middle); not entirely sure how repeatedly hitting the dash with your fist would fix this but there we go.

Not to mention the 'wash' looked like they'd literally thrown a dirty bucket of water over it.

Wheels still coated in brake dust (even though I'd asked them specificially to give the wheels and brakes a good clean due to the squeal issue) and dirty water marks dripped down from the spoilers. On the plus side the interior was hoovered out, I did notice the mats looked cleaner so that's a plus.

A far reach from the quality I used to get back when it was Clover Leaf in Ascot.

Like I said, they were totally polite to me and I don't have a problem with the work as such (other than the quibbles I mentioned above) but I've felt a lot more like a valued customer elsewhere so was wondering if anyone in the area have better experiences elsewhere.

Thanks.

Newbury Honda. Ask for Craig and tell him I sent you his way.

Bracknell are disastrous to put it politely.

They always take it for a drive apparently as I queried it after seeing 4 miles on the reset odometer....' to ensure its driving as it should.' Bet they don't take the jazz for 4 miles.

I wouldn't let them clean it though, hell.no.

Newbury Honda. Ask for Craig and tell him I sent you his way.

Bracknell are disastrous to put it politely.
35 miles away.. ouch.

i did lik bracknell being close enough they offered a pick up and drop off service.

willl keep them in mind though, cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a newbie question but if you bought the 5 years servicing can you book that in at any dealer or does it have to be the one that you got the car from? I also got my FK8 from bracknell but the salesman didnt know anything about the car, but it was local and convient for me at the time...

I have always taken both my FK2 and FK8 to Reading Honda. I've always had a good experience there and they have always looked after me and the cars. The service desk know about the Type R specific details and the techies I have spoken to about various issues have been knowledgeable.

They replaced my centre speaker due to it buzzing and gave the car a 4 wheel alignment free og charge as well.

+1 for Reading. Purchased vehicles from them. Sold vehicles to them. And use them to service my car.
They are ok. Not excellent imo but good.
I've an FK2/8 owner mate, now in an FK7, who's had a few horror show experiences with them but i've not had issue.

I've used Honda Bracknell for a service. They were adequate.
I've used Honda Newbury to buy a car and had a good experience.

Two tips.
Never ever let them wash your car. All dealers wash a car with a rock.

And put a Post-It on the dash saying you have a dash cam fitted. Believe me they'll behave better.
The above mentioned mate essentially got a free FK8 when Honda Reading test drove his FK2. Due to the Reading Honda mechanic's behaviour being caught on dash cam. Reading Honda are now extremely sensitive when informed of dashcams lol. They were severely reprimanded by Honda HQ. lol.

Back