• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Side light circuit dead

Hi guys.

I’m in a right pickle. Can’t find the solution. My side lights all around the car are out along with the clock lights and the warning buzzer for leaving the lights on. This is a problem with the changing weather as the back of my car is not illuminated in the dark (number plate lights out too sorry). I’ve had a replacement head unit in the car and have been told I may ha e damaged something but can’t finr anything. No fuses gone just a car in darkness! Anyone got any ideas? It’s a 2005 ep3.

Many thanks.

There’s a wire to your headunit for illumination which will be linked to the side light circuit.
I’d try disconnecting the headunit, recheck all fuses (either blown or missing) and see if the lights work.

I’ve tried this already thanks. Does anyone know if there is some capacitor or something further in the car that may be damaged?

Back