• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2008 FN2 noisy aircon pump and clutch

I have a 2008 Black FN2 with 96k miles and full Honda history, that's the good part, the bad part is the aircon pump and possible clutch are noisy.

The Honda main dealer went to re-gas the aircon during the last service and found that the belt was actually too short and had bypassed the pump. They tried the correct one on there and diagnosed that the pump was noisy, hence the belt by-pass fix by a previous owner. Why would they do that...? £1600 to replace the pump, clutch etc by Honda. £800 by my Indi garage.

I am looking to sell the car and some same I'm being honestly naive by either declaring the issue and or trying to rectifying it.

The question being is there a reliable source out there for a used unit or has anyone come across non original parts that might be cheaper.

Cheers,

Steve

If anybody wants the car as is, because the electric windows work so thats another aircon bypass, then let me know

Back