• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recommendation for all round shocks and springs for fn2.

I am wanting to return to a shocks and springs set up as l am finding the ap coilovers a crap set up so basically wanting to find out what other owners have and looking for recommendations. Also l have rage 19" alloys which will be having new michelin pilot sport 4 fitted. My budget would be around £600.

OEM shocks and Eibach Pro kit going on mine tomorrow. Ditch the Rages, the 19" alloys ruin the ride IMHO.

I have been looking at the Eibach Pro Kit E10-40-011-01-22 which l hope is the right kit for the type r fn2 . Regarding the shocks would you stick with oem which l think are sachs or are there better shocks available for the type r fn2 and regarding reading other posts on the Bilstein B4 apparently won't well received when running with the eibach pro kit . I will be replacing all the front and back suspension with new parts

I hope that's the right kit. :)
f3a42bca5a20cf2f3c4326847a247356.jpg

I've never used the B4 dampers but I seem to remember someone fitting them and going through a load of hassle with a warranty replacement but obviously losing labour costs in the mean time. That being said, those issues could hit any brand.

I've never had a problem with OEM though so that's why I'm getting those. There are Sachs dampers that are out there and a bit cheaper. They are generic 8th Gen Civic ones and need a hole drilling in the top to fit. The only reason I'm not getting those is they were out of stock, so I'm getting Honda OEM now.

Is that the right part number for a 15mm drop? Found a set new on eBay for £129 with that part number but they show 25mm drop on all models. I thought it was 25mm on the standard but only 15mm on the type r?

I thought it was 25mm on the standard but only 15mm on the type r?

Exactly that, they copy and paste the description from Eibach which quotes a 25mm drop but the FN2 is 10mm lower to start with so ends up with a 15mm drop in these springs. Doesn't sound a lot but it is noticeable when fitted!

Back