• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch Replacment, Recommendations in Leicester

Hi everyone, I've been advised that I will soon need a clutch, Rear Main Crank Seal and a Timing Chain replacement.
I'm basically slipping in 6th gear on motorway and when parked after use I'm leaking oil. Can anyone recommend any local garages they've used (in Leicester or surrounding areas) for this job and what sort of price I will be looking at? Thank you - Lisa

looking at over £1000 I would say if you do the guides and tensioner with the chain, which is advisable.

Update for anyone wanting a garage in Leicester, Weaver' Garage did all this work for under £1000, lent me a car and did some extra jobs they noticed for me whilst they were at it. Excellent service and my car is driving like it's brand new. Very friendly and knew their stuff!

Back