• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quick one. 2009 FN2

Bought the car 23rd September. Joined the forum. Posted one thread and I'm already in the faults section....
So I parked it up on the driveway 23/09/18 which is at a gradient of about 15%, steep enough, nose of the car up to the brow of the driveway. It had about 15% full on the petrol gauge when first parked.
Like the patient little fella I am I've been waiting to drive it until it's insured (Monday). However, yesterday I had it running on the driveway positioned as described above as I was keeping the battery in mind, didn't want it drained in the cold weather, and it cut out after about 20 minutes idling. I was just out changing the worn gear gaiter and the OEM knob to a Skunk2.
Since it's cut out I can't get it started. At most it runs for a second or two then dies and revs bottom out. No faults showing, no scary lights illuminated other than the usual.
What could it be?
Lack of fuel (still showing the same reading as before) but I suppose it is on an incline? Battery? It's only got 48k on clock so I'm not thinking timing chain... I hope.
Going to get some fuel and have ordered a battery but any help appreciated.

Possibly fuel starved being at such an incline. May not be enough covering the pump to get to the engine. Wouldn’t have thought battery as that would be getting charge from the alternator once the car is running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly fuel starved being at such an incline. May not be enough covering the pump to get to the engine. Wouldn’t have thought battery as that would be getting charge from the alternator once the car is running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, sir.

Back