• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID kit recomendations for an EP3

bought a cheap set of ebay get the ones with resistors cheaper ones tend to flicker think they are about £35

colour choice is personal preference

cheers,

chris

I rather get the Osram Nighbreakers.

The sad part is that the halogens are still very yellow, and the nightbreakers run hotter than usual making the filaments shorter lifespan. The heat has also caused the chrome around the projector in mine to "crackle".

I had hid for years (ebay set). they were fine but i was forever buying new bulbs. I now have LEDs and wouldnt change them back

Yeah I run the night eye led bulbs same as vajazzle and they are really good! Shame they don't do different colour temps as I prefer the yellow/white light as opposed to the white/blue. I have them in dipped and main beam, but of a mission to get them in the face-lift dipped beam sockets, but I sort of jammed half the clip behind the bulb and they haven't moved in best part of a year.

Plus no warm up time for them to come on. Certainly worth a look.
I had hid for years (ebay set). they were fine but i was forever buying new bulbs. I now have LEDs and wouldnt change them back

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yeah I run the night eye led bulbs same as vajazzle and they are really good! Shame they don't do different colour temps as I prefer the yellow/white light as opposed to the white/blue. I have them in dipped and main beam, but of a mission to get them in the face-lift dipped beam sockets, but I sort of jammed half the clip behind the bulb and they haven't moved in best part of a year.

Pahahaha "vajazzle"?! Cheeky bugger. Just because you get to enjoy a supercharger and vtec at the same time doesn't mean you can make fun of us mere mortal folk.

Oh btw you can get as low as 5000k on leds. Mine are 6000k :p

The sad part is that the halogens are still very yellow, and the nightbreakers run hotter than usual making the filaments shorter lifespan. The heat has also caused the chrome around the projector in mine to "crackle".
Annoying thing is that they take time to adjust when you switch them on if that makes sense, it doesn't have that instant start up. Sometimes when i switch mine on, only one of them comes on so i have to flick the beam off and then back on. Have you got the night breakers?

Oops, typo mate. It goes fast but can't afford to drive the thing now.

Think mine are 6000k as well as I couldn't find any lower. They're in there now so that will do!

I ran some Osram bulbs a few years back, one blew really quickly. Swapped it for a MB branded h7 bulb and drove up to a wall, couldn't see a difference between them! Even in the beam setter they looked identical. I wouldn't bother again!

I haven't found a downside to these led ones yet, so I'll stay put with them for now.
Pahahaha "vajazzle"?! Cheeky bugger. Just because you get to enjoy a supercharger and vtec at the same time doesn't mean you can make fun of us mere mortal folk.

Oh btw you can get as low as 5000k on leds. Mine are 6000k :p

Annoying thing is that they take time to adjust when you switch them on if that makes sense, it doesn't have that instant start up. Sometimes when i switch mine on, only one of them comes on so i have to flick the beam off and then back on. Have you got the night breakers?

I've run nightbreakers before, currently on Philips X-tremeVision since I figured I'd see if they were any different. Only difference seems to be they last longer :)

Brand, model, price?

Night eye is the brand. Model and price depends on the bulb fitment. I used amazon which was slightly more expensive but much better reterns if ever needed. I have had 3 set and one bulb was dim, so returned one set.

Brand, model, price?

Novsight here. Around 30 quid from Amazon. I'm prefacelift so high and low beam. They can be a bit pricy but should last ages! Get ones with heatsinks built in rather than fans as the fans can fail and then the fitting overheat.

Another thing to consider is the fact LEDs can give off a frequency that interferes with your radio frequency. If I have a slightly dodgy radio signal then the LEDs can make it worse. If I have a good signal it's fine.

Back