• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 MOT Advisories

The lastet MOT for my EP3 has advisories listed that will need attention. I'll need some help with understanding the terminology used by the tester. Corrections welcome.

As they appear on the MOT paperwork:

Item 1. NSR anti-roll bar linkage - link arm slight play. does this mean a new pair of droplinks needed?

Item 2. Rear upper suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (both). does this mean new rear camber arms are needed?

Mark

1) Yes, drop links.

2) I'd presume lower trailing arm bush but you should call them and ask, there's more than 1 bush it could be. Or belt and braces - replace all rear bushes.

Thanks Hazz.

Deffo a new pair of rear droplinks then. Is there an alternative to OE that are longer lasting and able to put up with more cornering abuse? I might get a new ARB aswell.

As for the worn suspension bush, I have Eibach ajdustable rear camber arms fitted, so am now wondering whether if it's these that are being referred to. They have been on the car for five years and been treated to alot of winter salt.

Mark

Yes, there are other aftermarket drop links available. Hard race or meyle if memory serves. IMO, stick with OEM links and replace ARB bushes with poly ones. If you want a new rear ARB, be sure to get the thicker JDM one and bushes to suit.

Impossible to say without a pry bar in hand or they're obviously visually deteriorated. Ask the MOT station which bush pal. Sooner the better, before they forget!

Back