• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Seat bolster wear arrrrrrrgggggh!!

I was only on here the other day saying how good my bolsters were, and then today, getting out something caught my eye and I realised the full horror of how bad mine were! Think I was in denial...

I know Dweezle said warranty claims were a nightmare, but I am still going to try. Just over a year old and 10K miles in and that's pretty bad.... i am calling design flaw!!

43748343420_77d812a9d4_z.jpg

43748344130_9225fd0407_z.jpg

43748344840_b1bb870bf9_m.jpg

Anyone else seen this?

That's a pretty standard thing for the Recaro type seats in any of the Type-R Range, from the EK's right up to the FN/FK. You can get refurb kits from Premier Seating (?), they're popular for the D

That's mainly dirt, try watered down fabric conditioner or a cleaner and gently agitate with a microfiber and then wipe off.
3 years in and I've only just purchased a seat cover, should of done it from day one as it's made entering and exiting a lot easier

they are a tad 'baggy' but the creases are falling out nicely and material is great. Just wish I got them sooner!!!!

Recaros in general seem to do this. The standard ones in my Evo are the same.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

@fantheman How are the covers? I'm popping over to Dream this weekend. Will it be a wasted journey?

Would you mind posting some pictures?

Covers are good but they are vbaggy as I said and are not a skin tight fit by any stretch of the imagination - this may put some off, and you do have to sometimes re-adjust them on the bolster (there is that much play) and re-fix them under the base of the seat as they can come loose.

I got the red and blacks to match the seat and they have a nice little dream logo head height so everyone knows your car has been modded to 400 bhp :D

I will add some pics tonight

Seriously losing my sh1t with flickr - how do you get the link from the photo on my camera roll??!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thread seems to have gone the cover option, but for those wishing to keep the fabric on display, i use the Sonax Alcantara cleaner with good results. tried stuff like ChemGuys fabric cleaner which was next to useless for cleaning.
Sonax, soft brush, and a damp microfibre gets it back real nice.

Back