• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fault code reader

Hi guys. Wondering if anyone knows of any decent fault code readers compatible with Honda CTR FN2. Any suggestions welcome but have had a quick scout on ebay, etc. and can see ones that pair with Android phones. Am wondering if these are any good or if there is a preferred option.
EML came on yesterday, while I was tootling along at 70mph using cruise control. Yellow light. Car's running fine, as it was prior to the light.
I brought it to my local garage and he's away for half-term and not back while Monday. Thinking it might be better if I got it diagnosed sooner rather than later...

Not sure about the FN2's systems, but the OBDLink LX doesn't support single-wire CAN bus (the more expensive MX does). For most things you're using this tool for it's likely unimportant, but it's worth bearing in mind. It'll still manage OBD II, checking, reporting, resetting etc. but it won't manage anything the FN2 does on CAN (you'd have to check with others here if that's important). I have an EP3 so that aspect's not a concern for me :)

Borrowed a friend's reader and get this
d5ivLkb.jpg

Am no wiser.
P0171$0710 1/1 generic
System too lean bank

Maybe I'm illiterate or I need an interpreter, if there's anyone suitably qualified to comment

I got similar (misfire bank 1) in my FD2 and it turned out to be a faulty injector.

Lean could be injector, fuel filter, leaky rail, sticking inlet valve or just a sensor etc. etc.

Back