• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rev matching warning light.

Hi all,

Driving home the other night, I was doing 40 mph behind an old lady in her Hyundai, down to 4th gear, overtook her, went back into 5th. Max speed after the overtake was about 70 mph. Just as I settled to cruising at 60 mph again, the engine warning light flashed up, followed by the rev matching warning. No loss of power or anything else, so I drove home. I was in “Sport” mode by the way. I called Honda who advised me to call out the breakdown service, which I duly did. He plugged in his laptop thingy and found a fault code stating that the turbo bypass valve was stuck in the closed position. He told me that he couldn’t find a link between the warning lights and that particular fault code. He reset it and tried a few starts and the lights didn’t reappear. I rang Honda who were happy with this, as they thought that perhaps the car's system had a spurious fault reading and said to keep driving it and if the lights reappeared, to book it in to them.
Anyone else had this or similar?

Trev

I would just take it to the dealer .. I’m sure the Americans had rev matching wiring harness problems.

Rev match and engine warning light on

Pretty sure an owner on here had it happen

I had this problem for the last couple of years and today it’s happened again..
bloody sick of Honda and their poor service..
I have 2 solinode replaced, turbo replaced, starting to hate the car seems every 6 months it starts again
The car is so not fit for purpose..
rant over angry Honda Civic type R owner uk

I had this problem for the last couple of years and today it’s happened again..
bloody sick of Honda and their poor service..
I have 2 solinode replaced, turbo replaced, starting to hate the car seems every 6 months it starts again
The car is so not fit for purpose..
rant over angry Honda Civic type R owner uk

What age is it ?

I’ve seen a few people getting some issues as these cars are over 3 yo.

Back