• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Vtec Timer

Evening folks, hope somebody will be able to help shed some light with regards to some electrical gremlins my ep3 has developed today.

Car in question is a 2002 EP3. Received a phone call earlier this evening off a friend who's battery had died on his BMW 116i. Fortunately for him I have jump cables, unfortunately for me this is where my problem began.

Jump started his car same way I've always done and disconnected once his was running fine. It was at this point I went and turned off my car and removed the keys. Yet to my surprise my car now continues to run with no keys in the ignition. No EML light showing nor is there any suspicious lights showing on the cluster. Only way to stop the engine is to stall it. This is when the ignition turns itself back on and stays on till I disconnect my battery.

Im ok with mechanical work but not very clued up on electrics. Can anybody please tell me where to begin?

Thanks in advance.

I’d start checking for short circuits on the ignition system. Work your way through it by pulling fuses for electrical stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late reply guys, still trying to sort it. Approaching 79k now, all fuses intact and alternator working as it should. This is where I'm up to NYA, found nothing yet but got lots still left to check. A bit difficult with lack of daylight and the current weather. Definitely think something is going to ground somewhere, where on the other hand is a completely different thing.

Back