• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Partyvan's Audi all-rounder (3.0 V6 TDi Quattro Avant)

New daily time!

My old Audi Avant has done me well for the last few years but feels a bit breathless when towing, being only the 2.0 TDi in front wheel drive. It also has more problems than dating a girl who's been on Tinder for 5 years. So I will very soon be cutting it up into lots of little pieces (the car, not the Tinder date)

So anyways I've just got back from collecting this...

It's a low mileage 3.0 V6 TDi Quattro S-line manual, remapped by Dialynx to 240bhp and 500nm torque! It's inappropriatley quick for a diesel estate. However, coming off a wet roundabout at literally 25mph, gently accelerating, it had me fully sideways, bent over 2 lanes of traffic because the previous owner put ****ing KENDAL tyres on the back and I'm used to Rainsports. I'm literally going to post the old tyres back to him when I get them swapped. Horrid ****. I hope he gets one of those diseases where bits rot and fall off him. You wouldn't put those tyres on a ****ing sack truck.

But yeah, it's rapid, comfy, does good mpg and being the estate can devour whatever wheels / engines / strippers need to be thrown in the back. Even has a DAB radio and Bose system to listen to all the **** on Radio 1 daytime in perfect clarity before I smash the OFF button.

Overall there's something satisfying about a £40k car still in near perfect condition that you pick up for a fraction of that price. It literally drives like new.

£315 road tax can **** off though.

Plans are to tastefully modify it, and use daily and as a tow car for moving more exciting things around!

Last edited by a moderator:

A few cosmetic and practical upgrades!

Carbon eyebrows
Front splitter
Private plate
Rainsport 3 tyres
Pagid pads / OEM discs

Update time.

My only dislike of this car is the grandad grey interior!

So I've now swapped everything to black!!

I've also always wanted a car painted in a subtle flip paint. Nothing Max Power! I'm not in a position to do that yet so I've settled for getting the interior trims done in a purple to green flip paint

I'm happy with the interior now.

The car has done about 10k with me now. I've done an oil change using a Bosch filter and she's running sweet.

A wet Cadwell Park meant I couldn't take my CRX on track, so this got put on!

It was so wet, but in many ways the car was well suited to the track and conditions.

Bags of torque and grip meant it wasn't overtaken once all session, and got some bemused questions from a group of Megane RS owners I passed!

Back