• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 2 issues : clutch and airbag/bucket seat

Hello,

I have a 2008 FN2 Type R model with 46k miles.

I do have two issues :

1) Clutch stiffness : The Bit point is on the floor, clutch is so stiff, really hard in traffic, seems to be a mechanism issue. I have checked the fluid level and colour, it is all perfect ! Do I then have to change the clutch ? At so low mileage it is very suprising and disapointing ?
If so, what clutch replacement would you recommand ? Not really into OEM as it seems to fail too fast, but more an Exedy stage 1 ? What do you think please ?

2) I Have installed bucket seat and do have the Airbag light on. I have installed a 3.3ohms resistor on the big yellow connector, but light still on. I wonder if 3.3ohms is correct (I have read somewhere 2.2ohms is more adapted ??). Also there is a second yellow connector, smaller, so do I need also to put a resistor there too ?

Thanks for your help :)

Clutch, you could try a fluid flush and change and see if it improves. It is the same grade as brake fluid, so should be changed at 3 yearly intervals anyway. If not then yes, new clutch and go OEM if you aren't running boost. Go for the full kit including OEM release bearing.

Can't help with the airbag light sorry, beyond my knowledge.

Thanks for your reply !

Don't know if the clutch fluid has ever been changed, but look very fresh and full level... Do you believe it could be possibly the fluid if it looks good ? I believe a brake/clutch fluid that would have a low level or a more grey colour would be a sign, which is not the case here, no ?

Thanks anyway ;-)

Yes it usually discolours and looks "wrong."

However a fluid change will only cost a few pounds, changing the clutch will be a few hundred. Worth trying the fluid first on my opinion.

So clutch fluid flush did not help, I have to go with a clutch change, and would prefer an aftermarket one instead of Honda OEM I don't trust much anymore...

Which best clutch would you recommand (equivalent to OEM or Stage 1 if ti is stronger and more reliable) ? I want one I can trust the mecanism and reliable and strong enough on a long time period (don't have mod the car and won't track it, but I don't mind having Stage 1 if it is stronger at every level) ?

Best to fit Honda 3 piece clutch kit and Honda Mtf.

Has the transmission fluid been changed recently? Made a big difference for me.

Stick with OEM mate, having a low mileage car means the clutch has had more use than someone doing motorway journeys. They are good and generally don't require changing until at least 75-80k miles. I'm in the same boat and need mine changed in next few months. Had fluid changed and though it helped the clutch is still stiff and fairly low. My car has done only 37k miles

Yes. You can get the clutch kit for £160. When I'm talking fluid, I mean the gearbox oil, I see you have flushed the clutch fluid. Have you had the car long? The clutch could have gone early due to being "ridden"

Yes. You can get the clutch kit for £160. When I'm talking fluid, I mean the gearbox oil, I see you have flushed the clutch fluid. Have you had the car long? The clutch could have gone early due to being "ridden"
Where from mate?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks for both answers :)
Yes, I just bought the car 2 weeks ago, and the car could have been driven hard in the past... hence the clutch failure...
I didn't change the gearbox oil...
So you guys prefer to stick to OEM, ok it sounds fair... hope not to have the failure again with Honda OEM then...
I found on coxmotosport OEM clutch for £188. Where from do you get it at £160 please ?

Thanks

In fact, it is cheaper on Tegiwa website, £185 (incl vat) vs £225 (incl vat) at cox. But Cox mentions 2 different references according to year model, when Tegiwa mentions only one !

Back