• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

I'm looking to take the car to TDI or Eurospec to get a K100 fitted and mapped. I don't want to decat, so what mods should I consider before taking the plunge? At the moment I have a 76mm Injen CAI fitted with the option of sticking a 6 inch Hybrid Racing velocity stack and filter on the end.

Other mods I'm thinking of are -

Exhaust - 2.5" custom catback - or something else?
Intake mani - something like the RBC (I had one when I owned the FN2, ported 70mm, I sold it :evil:)

Could I get to 230bhp without changing the oem exhaust mani and cat?

I don't want to plough loads into performance but would like to get the best figures/drive I can, I'll also be spending out on suspension mods and frsu.

Thanks.

Do you know if the DC5 mani can fit to the ep3 cat or do you need the DC5 cat? How did the 229bhp feel compared to stock?

Definitely the RBC inlet, that's good value for money. Exhaust wise they breathe better with 3". Solid Fabs make excellent power.

An alternative route would be a gearbox build with LSD and short final drive. You then get the better acceleration AND better handling for a similar sort of price.

I think the DC5 cat is more free flowing, not sure if it will fit EP3 cat though. It's night and day compared to stock so much more mid range. I did initially have standard exhaust and intake manifolds when first mapped (223bhp) and I have to say I preferred that map, VTEC was 4100rpm and you got a midrange kick at 5500rpm but after having the RBC and DC5 manifold fitted VTEC is now 5000rpm but lost a little midrange but gained more power at the top end due to the RBC. Both of my Dyno maps are on my build thread. Tdi north did both maps.

No, the dc5 mani won't mate to the EP3 Cat as both have the Cat as part of the manifold and are totally different designs.
You'll see what I mean when you see them.

I have an RBC and adaptor for sale actually since I fitted a charger. It has been modded to fit an ep3 all you'd need is a thermal gasket for the head. I can get pics later if you're interested.

Personally I wouldn't use eurospec for mapping.

I initially had planned for a dc5 manifold and cat which you need as a pair, but went for a dc sport in the end. It made 235 at eurospec with standard exhaust back box and drove really well. Then I went 3 inch cat back and it made 245 at Surrey rolling road.

If you want any more info just ask. It's a slippery slope though with all the may as wells... Overall worth it as the difference is night and day!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Be sure you've done all your engine mods before you map it, otherwise you'll be paying again to map it again. Do it all in one hit, or not at all, IMHO.

I'm looking to take the car to TDI or Eurospec to get a K100 fitted and mapped. I don't want to decat, so what mods should I consider before taking the plunge? At the moment I have a 76mm Injen CAI fitted with the option of sticking a 6 inch Hybrid Racing velocity stack and filter on the end.

Other mods I'm thinking of are -

Exhaust - 2.5" custom catback - or something else?
Intake mani - something like the RBC (I had one when I owned the FN2, ported 70mm, I sold it :evil:)

Could I get to 230bhp without changing the oem exhaust mani and cat?

I don't want to plough loads into performance but would like to get the best figures/drive I can, I'll also be spending out on suspension mods and frsu.

Thanks.
I made 234 with gruppe m, 70mm skunk2 TB, 70mm ported RBC, skunk2 alpha exhaust manifold (decat) and toda cat back then was all mapper by Romain.

I would wait till you have everything you want, then get it mapped just want. You will find your top figure won't be amazing, but the map complety changes the mid end and makes the car loads better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Well I'm getting a 5Zigen 2.5" catback fitted on Wednesday, so a 3" CAI and a 2.5" catback is a good start :p

Looking into getting this done at some point over the summer. Do most get mapped on regular or premium fuel?

I was filled on vpower. If your going to all yh effort might as well spend the extra £2 a tank

Good point.

Got a 2.5" catback and a tegiwa m. Will check out an inlet manifold and an img.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bare in mind it’ll run lean on 95 if you do that.

I tuned mine to BP 97 so it’d be a little safer if I absolutely had to run 95.

Bare in mind it’ll run lean on 95 if you do that.

I tuned mine to BP 97 so it’d be a little safer if I absolutely had to run 95.
This is a fair point. I got caught out once in the 4 years I had the civic, shell and Tesco are everywhere around here.

On my ep3 with OEM cat , Skunk 2 exhaust and ITG Maxogen intake it was mapped at TDI North on shell v power made 225bhp. The difference it’s made to mid range is so much better. I didn’t want to go down the route of intake manifold, throttle body, decat ect

On my ep3 with OEM cat , Skunk 2 exhaust and ITG Maxogen intake it was mapped at TDI North on shell v power made 225bhp. The difference it’s made to mid range is so much better. I didn’t want to go down the route of intake manifold, throttle body, decat ect

Pretty much what I'm planning, will also do the brakes and springs.

That is very reassuring to hear it makes a difference without decatting and swapping intake manifold. I will go down this route.

Currently have a Ingen CAI and a Teigwa catback.

Back