• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

Yea, they drop straight in. I had fd2 cams in mine. You’re going down almost the exact same route as I did. I wanted to stay vosa legal like yourself and put the dc5 manifolds (both intake and exhaust). I was sorely disappointed in the power increase, from (only mapped on a b-pipe and induction kit) 223 to 231. Then I put a Japspeed 4-2-1 on and made 248 and a load more torque.

I would have thought they are mild enough to use stock valvetrain so just drop in. How about a DC5 manifold and cat too?

Yea, they drop straight in. I had fd2 cams in mine. You’re going down almost the exact same route as I did. I wanted to stay vosa legal like yourself and put the dc5 manifolds (both intake and exhaust). I was sorely disappointed in the power increase, from (only mapped on a b-pipe and induction kit) 223 to 231. Then I put a Japspeed 4-2-1 on and made 248 and a load more torque.
Going by this I'd say forget about cams unless you're willing to free up the exhaust further with a 421 manifold. You're not going to see much, if anything for your money.

If I was doing it all again I'd probably save the money and build a k24 Frank engine and then just swap it. I'm always scared my charger is going to let go and cost me a fortune for a new one!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Food for thought.
I swapped the vtec solenoid gasket out today, after doing an oil change on my father in law's Jazz. It's a pain to put back on :p Car feels stronger for it, there was tiny bits of crap in there but not as much as I was expecting.

Attachments

• PhotoPictureResizer_190511_162127839-2662x1502.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_190511_162127839-2662x1502.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 23
  • PhotoPictureResizer_190511_162105874-2662x1502.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_190511_162105874-2662x1502.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 22
  • PhotoPictureResizer_190511_162027237-4792x2703.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_190511_162027237-4792x2703.jpg
    891 KB · Views: 23
  • PhotoPictureResizer_190511_162001882-2662x1502.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_190511_162001882-2662x1502.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 23

Sorry didn't see this post before I suggested the DC5 manifold. Thanks for letting us know - otherwise I would have bought one.

New chain is on, old one was stretched, the two lines on the cam sprockets were out by 10mm :p
Remap will commence within the hour :D

New chain is on, old one was stretched, the two lines on the cam sprockets were out by 10mm :p
Remap will commence within the hour :D

Good job you discovered this before major chain problems happened. I had my chain and tensioner changed at 95k just for piece of mind. Look forward to seeing what bhp you make, cheers

Cheers..
Tanny, the car has just been put back together and now going on the dyno, I haven't got near it yet :D DMS performance.

By the way a K100 chip has popped up on eBay for £300 if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
DMS have a good reputation so I'm sure you'll be happy with the outcome. As long as it's quicker and drives better then peak BHP figures do not mean much.

Lots of places have a good reputation but don't deserve it. I'm not talking about DMS, I don't know about their work, but forum recommendations are as good as they are bad. Interested to hear about DMS as they're not too far from me.

This is true ^ some places are a bunch of over-priced cowboys. Hopefully Flashy drives home happy!

There's an issue with the peak power on my car, mid range improved as expected with my mods but peak bhp is levelling and falling short. Everything on the car is good with no tell tale signs of fueling issues etc. Thoughts?
DMS have been very good by the way.

Cam lobes and valve train in good nick, clearances correct etc? Compression all good?

Hmm. Check what Hazz has mentioned. Is your cat ok? Also obvious things like plugs and fuel filter.

How much peak did it make?

It was very hot in there today, my IAT was 31c, it peaked at 202bhp. Cam lobes are fine, clearance was checked and it was in spec, there is something holding it back up top and I don't know what it is. It hits 200bhp just after 7k rpm and pretty much stays there. It should be hitting 215 to 220.
Vtec is set at 4k rpm, where it is optimum on my car. The car is sounding awesome though :)
Just need to work out what the issue is. Could it be a split pipe or similar?

Ngk iridium plugs last year, tegiwa m filter cleaned, oil changed last Sunday, valve clearance done last year plus checked again today. No misfire or Eml and the dyno graph is smooth. Help :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back