• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

Try Cataclean - my friend used it and said it worked. I don’t have any first hand experience of it though. Worst case scenario buy a Magnaflow sports cat. They’re not too expensive and will still be quiet whilst freeing up some power.

As above, if it needs changing go for a dc5 as it will make more power!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

The mapper should be able to tell where the issue lies though.
This.

Also 200bhp from a 15 year old (ISH) car, with an air filter and a cat back, with a load of usable mid range gains is good. Everyone always talks about how the cat is the problem on these cars. And you still have your cat. My car decat and with more then yours done to it only ever made 230.

A lot comes down to the mapper and the dyno, you could have a 240 pops and bangs look at me map and have the car last two weeks. Or a good sensible map, with usable power left right and centre and have the car last forever. Don't get blinkered by the big figure number.

Definitely the RBC inlet, that's good value for money. Exhaust wise they breathe better with 3". Solid Fabs make excellent power.

An alternative route would be a gearbox build with LSD and short final drive. You then get the better acceleration AND better handling for a similar sort of price.

i got similar mods and i haven't fitted the 5.1 FD yet, would it make a hell of a difference on a ep3 bolts on having a 5.1 fd?

i got similar mods and i haven't fitted the 5.1 FD yet, would it make a hell of a difference on a ep3 bolts on having a 5.1 fd?
It will make the car feel a lot punchier, however if it's a daily driver and your commute involves the motorway you may want to think twice about it.

It will make the car feel a lot punchier, however if it's a daily driver and your commute involves the motorway you may want to think twice about it.

cheers for the reply tom, it is a daily for now, but soon as i'm done with the last bits it won't be a daily any more, also my commute is like 10 miles a day tops.

cheers for the reply tom, it is a daily for now, but soon as i'm done with the last bits it won't be a daily any more, also my commute is like 10 miles a day tops.
I doesn't make it unbearable (some final drives do), bet it is definitely noticeable sat on the motorway.

My thermal reader arrived today and I tested it out on the exhaust. I only went around the block and parked up, the cat read around 143°c both front and rear and the b pipe was 65°c. Sound normal?

My thermal reader arrived today and I tested it out on the exhaust. I only went around the block and parked up, the cat read around 143°c both front and rear and the b pipe was 65°c. Sound normal?
Doesn't seem very hot to me. Ideally you need to get it to the point of restriction and check the temps asap before and after the cat to get an idea. I'm not entirely sure it will be possible to rule either way with it though, you might need another to compare against.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was a trip around the block in two minutes. I'll try it tomorrow after driving to work.

According to a few sources the cat can take around 10 miles before it's operating correctly. This is why short journeys are a killer on both the environment and your long-term fuel trims, because the O2 readings never settle to something sane.

Back