• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

:lol: pretty much. I was pretty upset about the final map I had from TDi North. Lumpy AF at part throttle.

Taking the mini to EFI when that gets mapped, on yours (and other’s) recommendation.

:lol: pretty much. I was pretty upset about the final map I had from TDi North. Lumpy AF at part throttle.

Taking the mini to EFI when that gets mapped, on yours (and other’s) recommendation.

I had the same experience as well with my DC5, part throttle was really poor. No complaints with EFI's map on my FD2 so far.

I had the same experience as well with my DC5, part throttle was really poor. No complaints with EFI's map on my FD2 so far.

Ditto..

Also just go with 95 / 97 RON flashy. Having to find 99 all the time can be a pain for maybe 1-2bhp, especially if you're out in the sticks or on track and have to drive an hour to find vpower :lol:

V power is a three minute drive from home :cool:
I'm considering using BP 97, then if I do use 95 or 99 it shouldn't cause any problems.
I need to fill up this weekend, is getting 97 a good or bad idea if I generally use v power or momentum? I know oem the car is mapped to 95. Just worried if the car is mapped on 99 then I won't be able to stick 95 in at all. Or am I taking rubbish? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Map on whatever you usually use, but you're going to get a few more ponies on super. I use Tesco 99 mainly, doesn't cost that much more.

I'll go for super, it's what I get anyway. No doubt I'll get more mods over the next year and need it remapping again

Might net you a couple horses. So no, not really.

You’re going to get a 4-2-1 eventually, so get it when you do that & map together.

I’ve heard the RRC will shift the power and upwards and this makes sense to me from my EK tuning days. On the older B series engines Skunk2 and Edelbrock intakes were popular but resulted in loss of midrange for higher RPM power due to a larger plenum.

Well after mapping mine just about makes stock power :p
Turns out the chain is slack, so booked it in for chain and tensioner then remapping. Excellent service today. The k100 definitely makes a difference, can't wait to see what it's like once I get the chain sorted.

Well after mapping mine just about makes stock power
Turns out the chain is slack, so booked it in for chain and tensioner then remapping. Excellent service today. The k100 definitely makes a difference, can't wait to see what it's like once I get the chain sorted.
Ah man, that's annoying! Where did you go again? Take it they couldn't get the results as the timing was too far out?

New chain etc and then go for it again I take it? Did they take the rocker off to check the timing marks to confirm it?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Went to DMS Performance and Matt was excellent. Yep, cover off. The chain could be flexed easily, will replace chain and tensioner then remapping.

Went to DMS Performance and Matt was excellent. Yep, cover off. The chain could be flexed easily, will replace chain and tensioner then remapping.
I bet its frustrating but at least you'll know everything is up together. How much longer do you have to wait now? That's the main question!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Oh mate gutted. I was looking forward to hearing about the improved performance. Oh well at least you’ll have a nice new chain

If I'm getting a new chain put on then I am thinking of getting some dc5 cams too. Any other parts required? I'm hoping it's install and remap?

Back