• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

5 weeks today :) what's the general consensus on which octane fuel to map it to? Oem is 95 Ron unless I'm mistaken.

Up to you. Your make more safe power on 99, however if you live on the moon and can't get any or you want to save £1 a tank go for whatever

99 it is then :D

I'll be getting some before and after figures, it'll be interesting (for me) to see where it's at and what it'll make.
I did an oil and filter change a few weeks ago and the tegiwa m filter is freshly cleaned and oiled. I did the valve clearance last year too so the engine should be fairly healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you run a tank or two entirely through before the map to make sure your 100% on the new fuel

Is there anything else that I need to discuss with them? I'm thinking that some of the set ups are optional, shift lights, launch control etc.
How does launch control work in practice?

Included in the price of k100 install and remap from TDI north I got launch control and shift light, launch control basically works by you holding down the throttle flat to the floor and it holds the revs at just below 4K then release the clutch and go, however in my opinion you get far to much wheel spin so you end up controlling the acceleration by clutch control anyway. Cool feature but hard to launch without wheel spin. With my Skunk 2 megapower exhaust it does sound ace when held a 4K and pops a bit:p

I know they set vtec engagement at the optimum point where the higher cam starts making more power, where is that on yours out of interest?

Mine was set at 4,900rpm this is perfect for my driving style, you could have it lower but I think it’s only worth doing this if you use your car a lot on track.

There is no proper launch control. It's just exactly the same safety limiter your car already has that stops you revving to 8.5 in neutral with no gear already, just lowered to whatever you want.

Shift light is gimmicky, you tell them what rpm you want a light on your dash to flash. Your do much better changing gear when is suitable for the conditions and your power demands rather then just at a set rpm.

Excellent, thanks. I was thinking of 4,500 to 4,700 or thereabouts. I'll see where they recommend on my car.

Everything I read says that a kpro'd car v stock is like night and day. I'm expecting a top bhp figure around 220bhp for the teg m and 2.5" catback, but how much will I notice? Stock 0-100 is 15.9, will that drop by a second or two? 30-70 much different?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went stock to a few more bolt ons and made 230bhp at eurospec for reference.

I never did before or afters really. It's just a different car to drive. The whole nothing until 6k thing changes a lot. You can overtake without dropping 5 gears for example. You're just in the power band much more often.

It looks like you're going to be the Guinea pig in regards to your questions!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Cheers bud, I'll post the before and after dyno graphs up anyway. I'm sure I'll enjoy the difference with the extra mid range grunt in third gear plus :D

Guys the midrange gains sound appealing. Is driveability and power delivery also improved? A smoother and more responsive car is more enjoyable on the road than a peaky more powerful one.

That very much depends on the map/mapper and how much time they spend on the car. If they just go wham bam, thank you ma’am and do a top power full throttle map and send you on your way, you might find it’s not so smooth at part throttle. This is more applicable the further you move from OEM spec wise.

Everything I read says that a kpro'd car v stock is like night and day. I'm expecting a top bhp figure around 220bhp for the teg m and 2.5" catback, but how much will I notice? Stock 0-100 is 15.9, will that drop by a second or two? 30-70 much different?

You will notice a huge difference, like I’ve said before you will achieve a bhp figure of around 220 - 225 with those mods. My ep3 has just a ITG maxogen intake and a Skunk 2 cat back and achieved 225bhp that’s with the OEM cat still in place. Before mapping at tdi north with those mods mine was at 212bhp. However after mapping the difference was great. Smoother throttle response ( no jerkiness ) midrange was impressive especially between 4 - 7.5 k and you feel as though you don’t have to ring it’s neck much. All in all the car will feel and preform so much better after k100 and remap. Your answer to 0-100 all I can say is at Santa pod 1/4 mile my time was 14.4 seconds. I look forward to you getting your results.:D

That very much depends on the map/mapper and how much time they spend on the car. If they just go wham bam, thank you ma’am and do a top power full throttle map and send you on your way, you might find it’s not so smooth at part throttle. This is more applicable the further you move from OEM spec wise.

Isn't that what most recommended Honda tuners do? :lol:

Back