• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

I have an 18 mile commute each way so tick the box for getting the cat up to temp :D
I'm checking my valve clearance tomorrow morning, hopefully the rain will do one.

@Flashy. What exhaust do you have? Full OEM engine back? Indeed it seems the exhaust is more restrictive on the K20 cars than I initially thought.

5zigen pro racer zz catback. Does anyone know if oem is baffled or not?

Did you mention this exhaust before? I'm 90% sure I've read a load of people having issues with it and power either on here or the DC5 forum. Mag to grid, replace with RM01A. :)

Here's the b pipe baffle.....
I suppose the fact that the car runs fine (not stuttering etc) but is down in power could be down to restriction. Just surprised how much!

Attachments

• DSC_0264_1-2393x1350.JPG
    DSC_0264_1-2393x1350.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
£££

Do you think the exhaust is my issue, considering how smooth the car seems to run. Would that explain the power flattening out after 7k?

Looking at that baffle, yes. My unsilenced b pipe and standard back box made a fair bit more power.

That looks very restrictive.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

What diameter is the internal pipe in that baffle? I thought as long as it was a reasonable diameter tube then the baffle design wouldn’t matter so much. Or will it affect flow?

£££

Do you think the exhaust is my issue, considering how smooth the car seems to run. Would that explain the power flattening out after 7k?

I've said from the start it's cat related but I didn't know you had the exhaust you do.

I just need to decide what option to take.
1. Remove and de-baffle
2. Swap for something else

If it's 2. which is a good option that's not silly money?

OEM backbox, unsilenced b pipe for a CAT equipped car, silenced b for deCAT. My personal favourite set-ups.

The whole point of a back-box is a well-designed baffle. It's the thing that should reduce noise without having a significant impact on flow. Removing or modifying an existing one is not an activity to be taken lightly.

Back