• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

If you need an oem back box I have one in my garage... Unfortunately I binned the b pipe as it was pretty rusted.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

The whole point of a back-box is a well-designed baffle. It's the thing that should reduce noise without having a significant impact on flow. Removing or modifying an existing one is not an activity to be taken lightly.

Just the b pipe, deresonate it.

Just get rid of the exhaust, it's gash and I remember quite a few people with issues and high end power with it on the DC5 forum. The K20 is extremely exhaust sensitive like I said before, I gained 20 odd bhp all the way through the rev range by changing my exhaust.

If you're on a budget and can't afford an RM01A, then maybe look at the Tegiwa cat back. No idea about how it sounds etc but I've read it makes good power.

Thanks guys, seems like the problem has been found, now to solve it. Will the map need tweaking?

So, I could get an oem backbox (sold mine :D ) and stick a 2.5" unsilenced b pipe on. Or, get a new custom exhaust. Or, a secondhand aftermarket catback. I got the 5zigen because it's not noisy, any recommendations for a £250 ish mid noise catback?

So, I could get an oem backbox (sold mine :D ) and stick a 2.5" unsilenced b pipe on. Or, get a new custom exhaust. Or, a secondhand aftermarket catback. I got the 5zigen because it's not noisy, any recommendations for a £250 ish mid noise catback?

£250 is quite tight for a catback, especially since the ones with modest volumes tend to be more expensive. If you want to keep a tight budget, look for a second hand catback definately, because new ones start at double of what you wrote. :( I have an Invidia, either N1 or G200, nice and deep tone, absolutely no rasp, modest volume, very livable, and the 100+ mm end looks great, I can fit my fist in it easilly :D A good choice would be the Fujitsubo RM01A, but I guess that's difficult to come by second hand. Fortunately the Tegiwa catback is a copy of this, and has a much more reasonable price. One brand, that should not be ignored is Magnaflow. They make lots of E marked exhausts, it should be worth checking with a retailer, if they can offer anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also if you're on a budget:

JnwPz7N.jpg

I'm sure Torque GT would give you forum discount as well.

I found the sportex mild steel b pipe to produce less rasp owing to the extra mass of the material.

Although you have to replace them at the very latest every 18 months.

Sportex was less raspy but wasn't quiet if I remember, although I did use it with a spoon back box for a while (definitely not what you want)

Got quoted for a custom b pipe with free flow resonator priced at £180 all in. I'll check the back box for flow but it's a strong option for me.

48 hours and I'll have a 2.5" straight through b pipe fitted. I checked the backbox and it's freeflowing. Will probably check the condition of the cat too.

Back