• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Pre-Facelift Rear Lights on a Facelift

As per title, do I only need the lights along with their bulb holders for a plug & play experience or is there more to it?

Found a set for a ridiculously low price that already had them, so wanted to ask before I pull the trigger.

3shlR6il.jpg

If they come with holders it's fine, there is a bit of "bodging" to do but worth it. One of the bulb holders (think it's the brake light) on the facelift doesn't fit into the pre-facelift, some people extend insulated electrical wire to the pre-facelift bulb holder which can then be plugged in. I didn't fancy doing that so made some inserts from plastic and mounted the facelift holder into that. I didn't take pics, sorry. Been fine and the bulbs are still in place

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you just need to change one plug for them to work. Can probably splice the wires and put a couple of spade connectors on for the different plug.

I haven't done it to my Facelift but if i remember correctly they are a direct fitment apart form one plug/connector.

I heard something about reverse bulb holders needing to be changed too? doing this myself this weekend hopefully providing I can source PFL holders/loom... Is there a guide anywhere? Can't find anything online...

It is a case of switching wires to suitable sockets that fit the pre facelift lights. Brakes are the same. Think I've got spare sockets in the garage.

Did it fine in the end, all the bulb holders plugs fit bar the reverse, you literally just cut the plug off a prefacelift's reverse bulb holder and then solder that to your facelift's reverse bulb plug wiring. That's it lol. You can even just connect your donor plug into the prefacelift's reverse bulb holder then simply push the wires into your facelift plugs holes and then wrap tape round (how I tested it was working before soldering) then you could revert back to facelift without anything being soldered.

Back