• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 header and cat on an ep3?

Cool. Does it need the JDM front rarb and engine mount inserts?
I'm thinking this might be my next mod and would be more beneficial than changing the inlet manifold.

Cool. Does it need the JDM front rarb and engine mount inserts?
I'm thinking this might be my next mod and would be more beneficial than changing the inlet manifold.

yeah I believe it does.

I only ever had the rear mount I think it was to limit vibrations. Just went with mechanics advice.

Yeah it does fit fine, I got a JDM ARB incase as I heard that it does foul on the normal ARB, I already fitted engine mount inserts but I don't think they are needed for this manifold, it is a worthwhile mod in my opinion though.

There are gains but minimal without mapping and a 421 will make more when mapped.

If you get one before fitting grind off some of the castings and make the ports as smooth as you can to help maximise gains.

Watch out for the flexi when getting one as they can split and finding a replacement is hard work.
Also the EML will come on if you dont map it so I got an O2 spacer for mine to eliminate this and one of the O2 sensors I think its the rear one is a bit of a stretch to fit so watch oit for that.

I did heat wrap mine with Dei heat wrap in black and also sprayed it black with a Dei high temp paint.

Thanks guys. I will weigh it all up. How much should I expect to pay for the mani and cat?

I was lucky a mate of mine got a Dc5 and switched it for a DC sports 421 so got it cheap off him,
They used to go for around £300 upwards depending on condition etc but if you are after maximum gains you will be better off going for a 421.

I want maximum gains without decat, so I guess a DC5 set up or a stainless 4-1 with something like a Japspeed high flow cat is my only option.

In that case I wouldnt bother with a stainless steel 4-1 from Japspeed, I would go for the DC5 one as its pretty similar to the Spoon version without the price tag.

Piper do one with a sports cat or there is the Mugen but the later is very £££ and the Piper apparently doesnt make great gains and the cat has to be red hot to pass the mot.

Either way get them mapped too to maximise your gains.

Thats right there is an EP3 market for them now so prices have gone up but £250 isnt that bad ive seen some going for like £450 which is mental seems you can get a brand new 421 for around that price.

I'm sure the JDM EP3 ones are the same too probably more rare to come accross but another search option for you.

Back