• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 - Buddyclub Short Shifter Assembly

Has anyone here got one of these installed?

If so I am looking for feedback in regards to feel and smoothness of gear changes. I am in the position where I will either go for an OEM assembly as mine has seen better days (massive play) or go the Buddyclub route.
I had a Tegiwa/MJC short shifter thing a few months ago but it was crap, made gear changes worse and only shortens the throw vertically. Actually made things notchier than when it wasn't here lol.

But yea, any feedback on the Buddyclub unit will be highly appreciated.

Worth every single penny.

Upgraded along with solid aluminium shifter and gearbox bushes and the difference was astronomical. Throw was reduced so much, unit was smooth; could smash through the gears all day long. Coupled with the weighted gear knob from Skunk2 and it was blissfully good.

Gears were so close together that my wife could never quite figure out which gear she was in for the first few times driving it. Buy one now and never look back.

Worth every single penny.

Upgraded along with solid aluminium shifter and gearbox bushes and the difference was astronomical. Throw was reduced so much, unit was smooth; could smash through the gears all day long. Coupled with the weighted gear knob from Skunk2 and it was blissfully good.

Gears were so close together that my wife could never quite figure out which gear she was in for the first few times driving it. Buy one now and never look back.

That's good to hear, I already have the solid bushes on the box and ones on the current shifter, I guess I can move those over to the buddyclub one since from the pictures it looks like it comes with rubber ones.

Seems to also be a bit hard to actually source one, most places are out of stock or POA lol.

Thanks though, this is the kind of feedback I needed :D

I've got the short shifter on and it's fine, once it starts to play up I have a Revotech one in the garage and will fit that.

Right does anyone know where I can source this buddyclub assembly new?

All the places I have tried seem to be on major back order lol

I though they had stopped making them.

Email buddyclub direct.

Really? I wasn't aware, i ll send them a mail.

SPD are the BuddyClub distributor in the UK from memory.

Haven't tried SPD yet, will give them a shout, cheers m8.

Funky Power

Tried them, they said it was on a major back order and they have no ETA.

ffs this is really not helping :lol:

"SPD Automotive Ltd <[email protected]>
15:46 (4 minutes ago)
to me

Hi

They will have it on back order an awful long time as it's not in production anymore.

Regards
Guy Walsh
General Manager
www.spdautomotive.co.uk"

Well sh*t. I guess Honda OEM it is then :D

The revo technica supposed to be not far off quality of buddy club, million times better than the awful Neuspeed type

I've fitted the hybrid racing shifter and cables recently. Shifting is really precise and positive now. Much better than the bolt on type short shifter I had on before.

Plus it's fully adjustable for gear and gate throw. Pricey mind....

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

I'm almost willing to just try the K-tuned one for the price, sadly it'll have to wait a while.

EDIT: ah, wait, it's just the arm. Interesting idea though.

Back