• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best Brake discs and pads for ep3?

As the title stats what are the best discs and pads you have came across for the ep3 as mine are needing changing soon.

The car is just used for road use.

Road use I'd stick with DS2500 on the front, OEM rear. I know a few have had issues on track with them leaving deposits on the discs but they're mint on the road IMO. No need to spend more on exotic track pads unless you're going to be seeing track use.

I used to run brembo grooved discs on my EP, just because I thought they looked nice. OEM are perfectly fine though.

Braided lines help if you don't already have them.

As the title stats what are the best discs and pads you have came across for the ep3 as mine are needing changing soon.

The car is just used for road use.

The best you can get? Or whatever is fine for road use? Two vastly different things.

For road use only, there's nothing wrong with OEM or OEM equivalent from a reputable manufacturer such as Pagid.

Pagid ones are about 60 odd quid atm from euro with the black friday code, nice protective coating on them to prevent the centres rusting. That's what I will be fitting on ours next and probably my dc2 when it eventually comes out.
On my other cars ive always liked mintex 1144 pads. not sure if they do them for the civics mind. I just bought a set for my starlet turbo.

The best you can get? Or whatever is fine for road use? Two vastly different things.

what would you say the best for track/nurburgring but still on a road car?

I used to run CL RC6 when I raced Clio's and loved them. Worked well on the road too from memory!

RC6's are a great pad, if you liked them before then use them again.

Back