• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Frsu on a non lowered car

Been thinking about getting the frsu done but not lowering the car. I have camber bolts and arms. Still worth it on stock springs? Trying to get the wandering steering reduced.

It won't hurt. More depends on where you take it and what settings they apply.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Trouble is most set ups of - 1 all round and small toe out on fronts and in on rears are for lowered cars. Haven't seen any for oem ride height.

Same geo regardless of ride height. I used to run -1.0 all around with OEM springs, huge improvement over stock.

That's what I like to hear :D
Does it help make the car feel more planted? Overtaking it can be twitchy, which is not good.

That's what I like to hear :D
Does it help make the car feel more planted? Overtaking it can be twitchy, which is not good.
Have you driven another EP3 or had your geo checked? I don't ever remember my civic feeling twitchy both pre and post Frsu.

As for settings yeah they're the same regardless of height, although I think different places have slightly different settings. -1.5° was what was out on mine from memory.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I had an ep3 8 years ago and it was not as bad. Haven't checked the alignment but thought I may as well get the camber kit fitted at the same time.

Gonna get the car booked in for fitting of camber bolts and arms (supplied by me) and full alignment. What should I expect to pay?

ABP set up my non-lowered EP3 a few years ago with their FRSU when I had the Eibach rear camber arms and front camber bolts fitted. Unless I dig out the paperwork from that visit, I couldn't tell you what the figures were, but it did improve the handling.

Might be getting tie rod ends done too, one is clicking slightly. Just gonna order some hardrace ends

Car booked in next week, hardrace track rod ends, camber bolts and arms, frsu. Just need to dig out the specs :D

Are you sourcing all the parts Flashy? (Post Office just delivered the Meyle HD droplinks that I ordered - Flimsy they aint!).

Yes. I bought meyle HD drop links and fitted them last year. Good quality, got mine off ebay. Hardrace tie rod ends I bought from H Tune. All being sorted on Wednesday

I've got a couple of questions ahead of my car getting the frsu done. I have Rota Boost on the car that are 7.5j rim width, this means they sit 6mm closer to the hub. 1 degree of camber will move a 17" wheel at the top 7.5mm closer to the hub. How much room do I have to play with?
Another way of putting it is how much negative camber can oem wheels take? Effectively my rim width has already used 1 degree.
Also, with adjustable camber arms, how do they work? Any chance of one coming loose?

You’ll never get a rim close enough to hit the shock unless something gets bent or the wheel size is something silly.
Rear camber arms shouldn’t come loose if tightened up correctly

Back