Home
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Catalytic Converter stolen - replacement advice please

Quote Originally Posted by Pionir View Post
    Ouch, that will almost certainly make my (otherwise very healthy) car a write off
    An Accord R is worth saving! Be gutted to hear of one being written off as they are probably my dream Honda. Nice and uncommon.

Absolute c***s who did this.

I have been looking at alarm systems recently, was shocked at how many catalytic converter alarms out there.
    Never heard of one being stolen.

Rotten luck. Hope you get this sorted!

Has anyone had experience with the Solidfab sports cat? I like their big bore manifold that comes with one, good price as well and looks well built, but i wonder if it will actually pass emissions... and for how long lol
    2004 Civic Type R - Build Thread - Gone
    1999 Integra Type R - Gone

Quick update. I went for the Solid Fabrications exhaust including sports cat and front pipe. Great service from Alan. A couple of the clamps sent with the exhaust were the wrong size, but he sent new ones quickly for me.

Some observations...

It's nice and shiny!

It's horribly boomy - exactly what I was trying to avoid I'm guessing there's not a lot to be done with this now...

The EML has come on reporting a reduced efficiency warning. I've read this is usually triggered by the sports cat. I don't want to just leave it on in case something else comes up which I then miss. Resetting it every time it comes on is going to be a bit of a pain. Is there a way to permanantly disable this warning only?

Remap is your only way out of that issue doing it properly.

Can get spacers which trick the system though, although remap is the answer

Thanked 8,141 Times in 5,124 Posts

All the Solid Fabs systems are boomy. I haven't heard a nice one yet and I've read more than a few posts from people having build issues with them. I'd say I don't understand why they're raved about on forums but I've come to expect that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
    All the Solid Fabs systems are boomy. I haven't heard a nice one yet and I've read more than a few posts from people having build issues with them. I'd say I don't understand why they're raved about on forums but I've come to expect that now.
    Is it just the back boxes that make it boomy do you reckon? What would you say is a better option. I'm tempted to sell these and put on something else. That or sell the car and get something different completely!

Thanked 8,141 Times in 5,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pionir View Post
    Is it just the back boxes that make it boomy do you reckon? What would you say is a better option. I'm tempted to sell these and put on something else. That or sell the car and get something different completely!
    A proper sports cat mated to a 2.5" system (JDM and JASMA approved) or OEM.

Does the SF cat use the standard lengths? If so look for a Fujitsubo exhaust or similar.

Yep, the SF system is all standard bolts / lengths and OEM compatible but the cat-back is a complete system otherwise i'd have just kept my OEM back boxes.

Unfortunately I think options for the Accord Type-R are pretty much limited to Mongoose and SF

Jimbodeeni: I've found this o2 simulator which supposedly stops the CEL light coming on. Would a remap offer anything more?
    http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co.uk/o2-simulator
    Last edited by Pionir; 18-04-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,871 Posts

There's always custom. Often not as expensive as you might think. You can pick your own diameters, back box, silencer/no silencer(s) etc.
    UKDM y0!