• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Catalytic Converter stolen - replacement advice please

Yep, the SF system is all standard bolts / lengths and OEM compatible but the cat-back is a complete system otherwise i'd have just kept my OEM back boxes.

Unfortunately I think options for the Accord Type-R are pretty much limited to Mongoose and SF

Just keep hold of their cat and put the OEM system back on, or is that not an option? All I did with my ATR was decat it and it made it very raspy.

Or maybe ask Alan to weld in another silencer.

There's always custom. Often not as expensive as you might think. You can pick your own diameters, back box, silencer/no silencer(s) etc.

Any recommendations for somewhere around SW London?

Just keep hold of their cat and put the OEM system back on, or is that not an option? All I did with my ATR was decat it and it made it very raspy.

Or maybe ask Alan to weld in another silencer.

Unfortunately not an option - the original system was mullered by the tea-leafs leaving really only the back boxes which don't fit to the SF pipes/flanges.

When you say raspy, do you mean a metallic engine-y noise? (I know it's very hard to describe noises with words!).

I've used powerflow in the past but they're a franchise and only ever as good as the welder/fabricator who's doing the job. Did a great job for me but I've heard horror stories from others.

Just have a google, read some reviews. I'm from the northwest so I don't know any garages in that area.

Any recommendations for somewhere around SW London?

Unfortunately not an option - the original system was mullered by the tea-leafs leaving really only the back boxes which don't fit to the SF pipes/flanges.

When you say raspy, do you mean a metallic engine-y noise? (I know it's very hard to describe noises with words!).
Hard to describe, it was cool at first but then got annoying. I'd be asking Alan to put in another silencer though. It'll probably be the cheapest option.

Back