• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbo's JDM Bugeye Impreza STI

Always wanted one of these, was seriously looking around 2015 but ended up back in an EP3

But finally back at 8250rpm again, just not in a Honda.

First thoughts on it are, holy smokes it bloody shifts. Fair amount of Lag below 3/3.5k but then all hell lets loose.

Going to take some adjustment to my driving with the AWD and turbo.
It also feels humongous compared to my Eunos.

Everything is immaculate, the seats have had covers on for the last 18 years!! They are basically new.
All the door trim and sill plates still have the original protective plastic on from 2000, Well they did have until this morning.

Following spec as standard on the JDM:

EJ207 semi-closed deck with thicker cylinder walls and additional bridges.
Forged engine
Bigger Ported Heads from 28mm to 37mm
8250 RPM Red Line
Uprated VF30 Turbo
HIDS
Variable valve timing with upgraded cams

Other upgrades:

Sports cat
HKS Mushroom Air Filter
HKS Fan Controller
HKS Boost / temp / pressure Gauges
HKS Turbo Timer
Rear tints
TGV delete
Mapped to 350bhp / 350ft/lbs on V-power
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
Mishimoto Radiator
3.5" Exhaust system, came on the car from Japan but haven't figured what system yet.

I thought it was going to be overly loud with the 3.5 system and sports cat.
But the sound is perfect, I can get it off my drive without waking neighbours, no drone on motorway.
But can make plenty of noise on boost. Perfect combo!

Got a little shock when I planted my foot on greasy slip road and exited in a 4WD drift when boost came on.
Will definitely take some time to adjust driving style coming from the Eunos,
where it was flat out everywhere just to keep up with Mr sunday driver tootling along.

Anyway here's some pictures (from the ad):

6e790150-16b3-40e9-a6d0-c77f26bb7800-original.jpg

44e9e662-504e-45ca-b99c-f1215153d46a-original.jpg

b67fd510-117a-4973-9a11-9c71799abdd9-original.jpg

b22d7ef2-f74a-42db-a3ec-45274badfda0-original.jpg

16dedf79-c9bd-46a0-9c8d-7a07ab249cdf-original.jpg

739a93ba-55e5-44fb-89a5-bdae40973aad-original.jpg

53409e0a-9079-4aa2-af79-94a8d8397e02-original.jpg

f6362ddc-3a00-43b5-a4e4-9a6f8252e2c0-original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok very jealous. Perfect looking example.

Videos of exhaust please

Do you mind me asking the purchase price?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Also, that model is the Bugeye not Blobeye

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ill try get a video soon, cold idle was what I worried about but its really not bad.

The stock BOV is pretty loud though!

Nice Jimbo. Highly approved dude, looks like an absolute beaut. :cool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really having a Scooby itch that I may just have to scratch after an FN2. Very nice mate

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

looks very nice.

Maybe it's just me but looks like it's riding very high, maybe just every one I see has been lowered.

Love it mate. Great car for what you later as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

wicked just needs a rear spoiler and complete project.

I would love the S202 spoiler as not that keen on the heavy UK spec high level one, 2-3 years ago I would have been all over it.

subaru_impreza_sti_s202_3.jpg

I really miss my P1. :(

Trev

Going for crazy money now! But would also love one.

This is awesome man, congrats! Looks so mint!

Did you sell the EP3?

Yeah the EP3 went about 4 months ago, then I bought the Eunos, which im going to tidy for sale this weekend.

looks very nice.

Maybe it's just me but looks like it's riding very high, maybe just every one I see has been lowered.

Yes there's a lot lowered out there, the pictures are all from quite low angles too, it doesn't look as high in the flesh.
But at the moment no plans for lowering, some new wheels maybe next year though.

Again back on the s202, love the standard forged rays on those, so something similar or a set, even though only 400 made:

subaru-impreza-sti-S3660608-4.jpg

That JDM spoiler is perfect IMO. I prefer that to that one you posted (that's not too bad though) or the goofy UK spec one.

I really miss my P1. :(

Trev

Going for crazy money now! But would also love one.

A friend of mine has one, bought it off his next door neighbour for a silly cheap price. His neighbour was buying a new Discovery and offered it to him for the trade-in value.

Despite a £5k engine rebuild last year (#2 crank bearing let go on the way to the NEC bike show) we reckon he's still breaking even. :lol:

Back