• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Brakes

I am not located in the UK Pand have a Endless dealer here. There is no need to reset the parking brake. I followed a US thread about changing the pads. Release the parking brake, unplug the servo motors and then retract by winding the piston in. I have removed my guide pins, but yet to move the camber from factory. The Cup2 tires were really good on the track as well as the pads.

I am not located in the UK Pand have a Endless dealer here. There is no need to reset the parking brake. I followed a US thread about changing the pads. Release the parking brake, unplug the servo motors and then retract by winding the piston in. I have removed my guide pins, but yet to move the camber from factory. The Cup2 tires were really good on the track as well as the pads.
I can see what disconnecting the service motor does for you, the parking brake works with a screw thread and pushing the piston back without winding the PB off fully will damage it. May I take it you swapped you rear pads whilst there were relatively new as I can see you getting away with it then.

My rears were down to 1.5mm at best and I would not risk damaging the PB by just pushing the piston back.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

~£50 to get rears from Cox
~£57 from my local branch
~£120 for supply and fit

Worth it for the servicing stamp or do yourself (how fiddly, anything needs taking into account with the e-brake?)

Is Cox considered the best place to go for OE discs and pads?

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/hon...ic-type-r/2017-civic-type-r-brake-discs-pads/

Would also be interested to know if anyone has an idea of the ratio of disc to pad replacements? There doesn't seem to be a lip on my discs and the pads are pretty worn, but not sure if this is typical.

looks like those cup2's havent been on track. what were you using before?
They're brand new in that pic.

Do you have any other modifications GT3? For me the FK8 has been great in stock form other than listed above.
I've driven about 2k miles over the last 4 weeks, so will get a tread depth measurement. I felt no need for any other mods on the last track day. The only weak point of the car seems to be traction - I was getting wheelspin at almost 70mph when it was very wet, but there's not much in the way of mods to mitigate 320bhp through the front wheels.

I've seen Hondata's traction control, but I'm skeptical and think it'll damage the catalytic convertor.

Just be careful with the Cup 2's and temperatures, too hot and they start to disintegrate.

I was thinking an intercooler and radiator to help with heat on track as well. Like you I don’t require any power mods

I've seen Hondata's traction control, but I'm skeptical and think it'll damage the catalytic convertor.

Might be the only way to get pops and bangs though! Shame you'd have to break traction each time to do it...Aren't other manufacturers artificial pops and bangs maps just this though, a manufactured misfire?

Last edited by a moderator:
After 21K miles, the brakes started feeling spongy when applying pressure with the brake pedal travelling 1 and 1/4". I need to press down hard the brakes.

I am surprised because the second service was done and pads have been replaced 13 days ago. I had to stop using the car until the dealer conducts the brake inspection.

Back