• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Brakes

I'll sit this one out as I have, according to the last service, 70% of discs left and fine on the pads too after 12k.....the trick is don't brake and use the doors as air brakes :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you on track much?

No I tend to hire cars on track but will do a few sessions over 6 or so days next year, I've yet to do any yet. I have noticed that my rears are wearing at a faster rate than the fronts, I assume this is down to the traction control, I switch it off in the dry, so surprising wear Rate.

RS29's are brilliant on track, but I wouldn't use the primarily as a road pad (though they do work).

RS29's are brilliant on track, but I wouldn't use the primarily as a road pad (though they do work).

Is that because they don't work as well from cold? If so not a problem, my car gets driven and I use the car for purely spirited drives. I think that reflects in the tyre and brake wear I have had in the first four thousand miles.

Is that because they don't work as well from cold? If so not a problem, my car gets driven and I use the car for purely spirited drives. I think that reflects in the tyre and brake wear I have had in the first four thousand miles.

Hooligan!!!!!

Just get OEM pads and discs again mate when the time comes. Perhaps braided lines and better brake fluid but the standard brakes are more than fine for light track use and spirited driving.

I find the PBS pads an excellent all-rounder on the FK2, great on road and track.

Yes but it’s the level of noise and dust as well. They’re great pads don’t get me wrong but maybe PBS might be more suited and cheaper?

Yes but it’s the level of noise and dust as well. They’re great pads don’t get me wrong but maybe PBS might be more suited and cheaper?

Ok will check them out I'm not familiar with PBS, noise and dust ain't an issue for me, generally gets a jet wash after every drive if it is open.

Ok will check them out I'm not familiar with PBS, noise and dust ain't an issue for me, generally gets a jet wash after every drive if it is open.

I'm sure you are aware but might be worth saying here anyway that jet wash can actually damage tyres if the high pressure water hits from too close. It can slice into the rubber!

I’m not a fan of drilled. Performance Friction have always made good two piece setups, may be worth a look.

drilled is fine for posing. i swear i saw some better than OEM 1peice discs for the fk2/8 but damned if i can find them.
heart wants 2 peice, probably tarox or girodisc depending on prices in a years time.
my head says i'd need the 2 peice to last about 9years to breakeven on OEM costs when i've not had any real issues with the OEM's. cracks are fine until they connect between holes so i'm tempted to try RS29 & OEM discs

I have been running Project Mu HC800 front and rear on my FK8 for a year now. 5 track days and they have performed well.

Discs however... I have small cracks in the OEM discs and after hard track sessions they fill up with deposit and then next 100 miles is rough.

I am going to go for the Tarox floating slotted discs next but unsure on pads. I use the car daily and have covered 12k miles this year. I worry the RS29's will be too harsh for daily use.

Back