• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Brakes

The deposits you had on our recent Spa and 'Ring trip will be caused by the Project Mu pads not being up for the task. RS29's would eliminate most of that. I don't use mine daily but I've never experience excessive dust or the like. Noise can be hit and miss, I've had them making all sorts of noises and yet on another car they've been quiet.

Agree the pads make the dust, but a drilled disk will collect this dust in the holes. A grooved disk would surely cut the deposit away rather than collect it?

RS29 are probably the better track pad. But they aren't as good as a daily pad. I have to find a balance.

Tempted to go back to OEM pads for daily use and have a set of the RS29 for track. It's easy enough to change them in the Brembo's.

https://www.dream-automotive.com/collections/fk8-brakes/products/tarrox-f2000-brake-disk

i ran dixcel Z rear and hc800s fronts on my last track day. Dixcels held up well so i'm tempted to put dixcel Z's on the list when i need to buy. seemed to be a well liked brand for s2000 trackday use. I'm pretty sure the HC800's would have been fine if i didnt cook 'em when i burnt through the rear ns400's.
Can't say i'm worried about noise. dust is a slight consideration. just need something suitable for track day and the year round temps with the work commute. PBS, Dixcel and rs29's are all on my choice list - just depends what money is like when i need to buy as it'll also be at least 2 tyres in the same month.

Last edited by a moderator:
~£50 to get rears from Cox
~£57 from my local branch
~£120 for supply and fit

Worth it for the servicing stamp or do yourself (how fiddly, anything needs taking into account with the e-brake?)

~£50 to get rears from Cox
~£57 from my local branch
~£120 for supply and fit

Worth it for the servicing stamp or do yourself (how fiddly, anything needs taking into account with the e-brake?)

Sod it, got a mate to do it for the cost of a pizza.
No real complications except for needing to have the piston wind back tool.
One thing to note was there was a notable lip on the disc, so that probably will need replacing a lot earlier than you would expect.

fyi.. DBA releasing their 4000t3's this week.
no idea on weights though. i dont recall seeing any weights of them when i've been looking at my options.

fyi.. DBA releasing their 4000t3's this week.
no idea on weights though. i dont recall seeing any weights of them when i've been looking at my options.
Are you ordering a set of front and rears?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

already got the fronts pre-ordered. ETA mid-march.
i dont need rear discs yet but doubt i'll be going OEM when they get replaced.

Just fitted these along with RS29 pads, the OEM front pads lasted well at Donington but the rears had just 1.5mm left.

I put the rear pad wear down to leaving TC on even thought Type R mode was used. I have used DS2500 pads in the rear as replacements, it is one of very few updated components you can currently get for the rears.

The front tyres which had 2k on them at the start of the day were toast at the end, I deliberately left all components at oem spec to see how they lasted as I have 4 days at the Ring in 3 weeks time.
50518c9ebb621aad794d257d325cf2dd.jpg
67fdb2ea428bdfc7c6e68188da6aa068.jpg

Just fitted these along with RS29 pads, the OEM front pads lasted well at Donington but the rears had just 1.5mm left.

I put the rear pad wear down to leaving TC on even thought Type R mode was used. I have used DS2500 pads in the rear as replacements, it is one of very few updated components you can currently get for the rears.

The front tyres which had 2k on them at the start of the day were toast at the end, I deliberately left all components at oem spec to see how they lasted as I have 4 days at the Ring in 3 weeks time.
50518c9ebb621aad794d257d325cf2dd.jpg
67fdb2ea428bdfc7c6e68188da6aa068.jpg

My understanding is that even if you disable TC there is still some rear wheel braking to get the nose turned in.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/dyno...edure-and-avoiding-chassis-safety-mode.30598/

My understanding is that even if you disable TC there is still some rear wheel braking to get the nose turned in.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/dyno...edure-and-avoiding-chassis-safety-mode.30598/
Thanks for the heads up, so you need to use this "chassis safety mode" to ensure the rear steer does not operate, that sucks.

I would have thought Type R mode and TC off would have been enough to disable the assisted turn in.

Thanks for the heads up, so you need to use this "chassis safety mode" to ensure the rear steer does not operate, that sucks.

I would have thought Type R mode and TC off would have been enough to disable the assisted turn in.

I'm just about to replace my rear pads and will see how the wear is going forward assuming I do more track days with TC off in Type R mode.

Pagid RSL29 pads for me - they stood up very well at a recent Anglesey track day.

The brake squeal was unbearable before I bedded them in - louder than anything else I've heard. What felt like a hard bedding-in session on the road wasn't enough, only after the first session on track they were fully bedded. They've been completely silent since then.

I saw lots of threads about how loud the pad squeals on the road, even after track days. If you don't use the brakes HARD on track, then try something a little more tame (i.e. DS2500).

I've also got Michelin PSC2 which have been great so far. The pad/tyre combo looks great on the car.

33912784588_ddf5631063_b.jpg

47789723731_474691d7fb_b.jpg

looks like those cup2's havent been on track. what were you using before?
planning my next trackday in a month to test the cup2's out i had fitted a few weeks back. so far it's just bene road and they're certainly hinting at being a hoot on track even though i've not had them near to their proper temps.

I would be interested to hear your feedback Veehexx and some more feedback on how much use GT3 has had with the Cup2 tires. I am running Cup2 on FK2 Wheels 245/35/19 with Endless fluid, Endless MX72 front and rear, Girodisc front rotors, stock rear rotors. I run with TC off by holding the button down for a period of time in R+ Mode until the dash says full disabled or something to that effect.

Do you have any other modifications GT3? For me the FK8 has been great in stock form other than listed above.

Hi Weel, did you import the MX72 pads from Japan or have you found a European supplier?

What tool did you use to reset the parking brake? I borrowed a decent (c £1500) diagnostic tool to do mine.

I took the front camber pins out over the weekend and I went from -1°28` to -1°46, on the N/S and -1°18` to -1°38` on the O/S. The toe needed to be corrected afterwards. For the record the stock rear camber was -1°52 and -1°22 .

Back