• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dutchy's 2005 Cosmic EP3

Great to see these cars in fantastic condition.

Credit to you.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Thanks Nidge. Have been following the updates on and off to your EP3 thread over the last couple of years. A very well maintained Type R!! Which is credit to you. Good job.

I see you tackled the rocker cover more recently, that is a job on mine for next year. Same thing happened on my FN2, but never got round to doing it before I eventually sold it.
Cheers Dutchy.

Had the car 2 and a half years now and I really enjoy driving it.

The engine bay looks a lot fresher now I've done the rocker cover, so well worth doing.

As it's my daily driver don't think I'm going to be doing much more too it now apart from general maintenance.

Welcome bud, the car is looking lovely. Nice to see a clean OEM example maintained to a high standard :)

Shame it is the slower colour though :p

Thanks SK-R.

I intend to just maintain it to high standard, and keep it OEM. Next year will be a full underbody rust treatment and protection. It has the common rust problem coming through on the rear arches. Only surface rust at this stage so just needs sanding off and repainting.

I like your build thread bud, very interesting to read through. You have put a lot of effort in getting it to high standard, and it shows, well done. Each to there own of course, but you have approached it the same way I like to. For me getting the bssics sorted on a car before any mods, comes first. Would much rather put the money in getting areas sorted that need maintenance attention, as opposed to sticking some bolt on go faster parts, and drive around in a rust bucket.

Funny you mention about the colour, I used to sell EP3s back in the day when I worked for Honda - It was always commonly known that nighthawk was the slower colour!:p

I couldn't agree more about the maintenance bud. I am the same as you can see on my thread, I prefer to get it working right first and then worry about mods, and recently I have been having a blast just restoring old things (like the intake for example, a bunch of the other CF parts, re-painting interior trims, taking all the seats and carpet out and washing it all ect...). It's all small stuff but it adds up and makes the car a much nicer place to be.

Can't say I agree with you on the colour but perhaps one day we can test that theory ;)

That's looking great.

Out of interest what polish and wax did you use and did you apply the polish by hand or machine.

Aww Dutchy, no :(

Really sorry to see that. I'm impressed you're still willing to put in the time and effort though, bravo. Are you sure just buying a replacement wouldn't work out cheaper?

Gutted for you mate, I had the same feeling, when I crashed my bike 2 years ago. What are your plans? Purchasing panels from a breaker, or bodyshop and respray? I hope, that effin lorry had insurance to pay for your troubles.

Ouch... I feel for you Dutchy. Really nice Cosmic example that you found there.

Three lanes into two on motorways don't go. You always have to be on the lookout for these foreign trucks blindly pulling out just because they can go 4mph faster than UK registered trucks. What was the driver doing, watching a dvd or eating his breakfast?? Anyway, glad to hear you got the insurance company to pay for the repairs. I can't wait for part 3.

Just caught up with this after you commented on my post. Proper gutted to see the damage, I love a CG I used to have one.

Hope it comes back as good as new :(

Think I saw this on FB? Totally sucks mate, all the best with the repairs and getting her back to her former glory. At least it's not recorded as written off! :)

What a stunning comeback for the CG. It's great to see that some bodyshops can do brilliant jobs when they knuckle down and go all out for the customer. You must be well pleased with the results Dutchy.

Back