• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Low oil warning after 1st service

I took the FK8 in for its first service a couple of weeks ago. I've done a couple of hundred miles since and now the low oil warning light has come on; I checked the oil about 10-15 minutes after switching the engine off and it does seem to be just below the lower level on the dipstick. My guess is they didn't put enough in when they changed it at the service.

Does anyone know roughly how much I'd need to put in to bring it up to near the top of the dipstick level? The manual's not helpful.

Really hoping it hasn't started using oil...

Cheers.

^agreed, get it to the dealer. Stupid question, but you've got no oil deposits on the floor of your drive/ road I presume?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning on getting some shell 5w30 (what they used for the service) and just topping it up first...

Check cold it's easier, if it's on full you're alright,
Either a fault or the dealer hasn't tightened something up and you've slowly been dumping it on the road.

Honda says use 0w20 yet dealers use 5w30, not that it matters but if the dealers can't follow Honda's rules then what's the point

My local Honda dealer left the sump plug loose on the Mugen 200...whole underside of the car was plastered in oil & spots on the newly block-paved driveway #-o

Had the feckers on their hands & knees scrubbing my drive clean :lol:

As Dweezle said 0W20 is the correct oil & my FK2 never uses a drop between oil changes so something is amiss :!:

BTW I always check the oil level as soon as I get back home from a service & every time they overfill it above the max mark on the dipstick :freak:

Been there, my fn2 was overfilled by 1ltr at a main dealer, warned a civinfo forum member not to buy his from there, was ignored and a few weeks in it dumped oil on his drive, the filter was in such a state and wasn't even a Honda filter.
Some dealers are shocking and the OP should find another

So it turns out they overfilled the oil slightly at the service. I checked the oil in daylight this morning and it looked full so I didn't top it up.

A lesson here is don't check the oil in the dark using a phone flash.

Back