• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust Fitment EP3/DC5

Hey guys my EP3 stock muffler is broken and I'm looking at second hand Fujitsubo and J's racing cat-back exhaust systems. But some sellers say that it fits both EP3 and DC5. I have looked around online and one forum said that a DC5 muffler would stick out 3 inches more and it makes sense since the body of the DC5 is longer.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also has anyone fitted a DC5 exhaust on to an ep3?

Here's a photo of my ep3 and my missus' dc5 because it's kinda related to this topic :p

ep3dc5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DC5 headers (exhaust manifolds) will fit an EP3 so long as you fit a JDM front ARB (anti-roll bar), but from cat/ de-cat back they're not interchangeable.

DC5 headers (exhaust manifolds) will fit an EP3 so long as you fit a JDM front ARB (anti-roll bar), but from cat/ de-cat back they're not interchangeable.

With the exception of a Spoon b-pipe ;)

Basically, the backbox is longer due to the rear overhang (axle to rear bumper) is longer on the dc5.

With the exception of a Spoon b-pipe ;)

Basically, the backbox is longer due to the rear overhang (axle to rear bumper) is longer on the dc5.

As above. Headers are interchangeable, cat backs are not unfortunately!

Cheers boys, I'm checking out a second hand (but un-used) Fujitsubo RM01A for an EP3, hopefully it's the one. Never thought of even getting this exhaust because if its hefty price tag. But I just can't ignore it. It's too much of a bargain! I'll post the pic here if I do end up getting it.

Also I'm staying away from those people selling exhausts saying that they fit on both. Too much of a hassle.

Why does she have fog lights where the brake cooling ducts are?
Ah yes, she did a type S front bumper and headlights conversion hahahah. Yeah her car trips out a lot of people. She's taken off all the badges and stickers except for the red H at the front. People get confused when they see the type r back and a type s front. But the car itself is originally an 01-02 DC5 Type r model ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a chance at getting a Fujitsubo snap it up they are top quality exhausts you will not be disappointed.

Picked up this bad boy :p

Here's the story:
Fujitsubo RM01A retails for around 900 AUD in Japan but around 1500 AUD in Australia - due to import and shipping fees etc. I picked this second hand but unused exhaust for only 650 AUD because the previous owner just wanted it gone as it had been sitting in his house for nearly a year gathering dust. I couldn't be more happier. Early christmas present for me. :p HYPEEDD ASFFFFFFFF :cool::eek:

vhrwl.jpg

6qcumu.jpg

Back