• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dealer problem with GoodRidge Civic FK8 metal hoses

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a GoodRidge SHD0396-4C-VB for my Civic Type R FK8.

I have taken my Type R FK8 to the car to the Official Honda Dealer to have the house hoses replaced by GoodRidge metallic ones and the entire brake fluid circuit. When I pick up the car, the first time I step on the brake, it goes to the bottom. I raise my foot and I brake again and he already has pressure. This pattern is repeated every time you brake. He indicated that the installation of the hoses or the change of liquid is not well done because it may have a bubble or the braking circuit has air. The car finally I do not take it because the installation of the new hoses is not correct. The next day they call me and tell me that they have put the hoses that brought the car from home because, after hours bleeding and trying to have pressure on the circuit, they do not know what happens so that the pedal goes to the bottom and has no pressure the first time you step on it.

Finishing, I took the car as it was without the change of hoses. Could someone tell me what could be the problem? Was it a bad installation of the hoses? I discard that the system is not bleeding well because of the explanations given to me.

Regards!

It sounds 100% like there's air in the system.

That's what I thought from the beginning but when they told me that they tried to purge and put pressure on the circuit in all possible ways, I discarded it.

However, if this were the problem, I find it surprising that they do not know how to do it ...

Back