• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Trying to convert HIDs back to factory [facelift EP3]

Hi everyone!

I am in a bit of a complex situation:
My car failed its MOT, because it has HIDs installed (that's how I bought it), and no working headlight washers.

For this reason, I wanted to convert it back to halogen bulbs, but looking at all the HID kits out there, I could not understand how my lights are set up. (Please excuse the dirty pictures, the weather has been rough lately)

RaPy7qT.jpg

I could not find anything that would look like a ballast, and there is this cover on the back of the dipped beams, that prevents me from getting the bulb out.

Also, I found out that there are actually headlight washers installed in my bumper (they were just not connected):

s60taPg.jpg

cFT7s7I.jpg

If I made these work, my HIDs would actually be legal, so I wouldn't have to change them.

Is it possible that my car came with HIDs (I don't recall EP3s ever having them in Europe, but not sure) and headlight washers? If so, how would I make the washers work?
Or if this is some kind of sophisticated kit, how should I go about disassembling it?

Thanks for the answers!

Last edited by a moderator:
European EP3's did come with HID's and headlight washers from the factory. I have seen pictures of EP3's from Sweden that have them from the factory. The UK one's did not come with them.

Just see if you can get the washers to work and then the HId's will be 100% legal to use.

That's awesome, and would save a lot of headache :D
I will try to reconnect it today, and hope for the best.

Back